? best way to hook up 2 amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

quins90lac
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
peoria IL
just wondering what would be the best way to hook up sub amps if you head unit only has one set of sub pre outs. i was thinking about just doing a set of y rca connectors out then run them in to a line driver . but the other day i was talking to my friend about it and he said to just the rca cable i have in all ready and then do y cables in to the amp . so i asked him what about the the pre amp line driver and he told me i didn't need it .so i said what about the pre amp line voltage after that he was like totally lost so i figured i ask hear and see if some one can put me on the right path of how to do this .the head unit is the one in my sig witch is a pioneer 1900 mp and the amp is going to be another one like what i have already witch is a pioneer 760 watt max

I don't believe that your amps have pass through or signal outs on your amps. These alow you to send signal to muliple sub amps. I would not buy y cables and split the singal. What you need to buy is an Audio Control Matrix. It cost $70 and will allow you to run 3 sub amps and it can boost your pre out voltage up to 13volts.

i know i probly should get rid of my old pioneer amp and just buy a new one but ive had my amp for like 6-7 years with out a single problem with it . that and i can get one off ebay for a steal . as far as haveing a whole pioneer system the only thing i have to replace to do that is the subs and the front dash speakers .

I know that your going to think Im hating on Pioneer, yes and no. I have a Pioneer DEH3800MP Deck, I loved alot of things about it but after a few years the CD motor became audible loud. Based on that I decided I would go with different speakers, deck, subs, trying to learn as much as possible about other peoples thoughts and experiences.

As you can see from my sig I have a wide variety of audio brands, My friend is/was just like you, he purchased the Pioneer 5.25 2 Ways, Pioneer 6x9s, Pioneer 12" Sub, and Pioneer Amps.

Before you say what he got must of been lower end Pioneer here is a link to the speakers he purchased.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8772544&type=product&id=1203815923013

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8772722&type=product&id=1203815923223

Now I will say they sounded decent but honestly he was mad when he heard my car and found out 1) I dont have any rear speakers and 2) He saw how much less I spent then him.

I would suggest you go to a car audio meet and listen to some other cars before you choose to be loyal to one brand. Heck if your in Rock Island,IL and want to drive to South Beloit,IL you can listen to my car, or I may even see you at a meet one day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.