Best way to face subs?

CodyDaGoat

Nov 26, 2016
OR
I’ve got two 15s in a ported custom box. I’ve had the subs faced up with the port up for awhile now. I drive a GMC envoy. Would it be louder to keep them like this or would it be better to face the subs towards the back and port up?

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
Jan 8, 2017
NC
I’ve got two 15s in a ported custom box. I’ve had the subs faced up with the port up for awhile now. I drive a GMC envoy. Would it be louder to keep them like this or would it be better to face the subs towards the back and port up?
most guys with suv do subs up port back, but try both firing rear thats louder in every car i've had anyway..

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 23, 2015
Midland mi
Suv only way subs up port back or if port to close to the hatch subs/port up work too. Subs and port back would be my last option. But ALWAYS try port back subs up if you can.

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Sep 19, 2017
Dallas
Don't mean to high jack your thread, but I have similar question... My truck basically requires the enclosure to downfire...

I'm about to drop big money on the box (the biggest I can get for my application, comes with a lift kit for my rear seats)

I just want to MAKE SURE I'm not wasting my quality products, if the down fire configuration is going to cancel out/have bad quality sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Don't mean to high jack your thread, but I have similar question... My truck basically requires the enclosure to downfire...
I'm about to drop big money on the box (the biggest I can get for my application, comes with a lift kit for my rear seats)

I just want to MAKE SURE I'm not wasting my quality products, if the down fire configuration is going to cancel out/have bad quality sound.

downfire ***** @ss. side fire is best for under the seat boxes.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
I'm working with 10's, not much clearance.

yeah usually under the seats you do 8s in a properly side ported enclosure, you can break a 140 db while maintaining great sound quality. Sealed... good luck hitting 125 db along with having lots of gaps in the sound. All i can say lol.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA

A chevy usually has enough room if Xcab to raise the seat to get a single ported 12 in there or a pair of tens, or a single ten ported.Raised mine 3 " and fired forward and aeroprted for a pair of tens in Xcab below different chambers and did just fine.Down fire is the worst to get any real quality or performance.firing into carpet on the floor is a bad configuration and poor sound quality as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds