Best Way to Aim my Sub

snotaco

Hello all. I'm new to the posting system so please bear with me. I just purchased a Toyota Tacoma X-tra Cab. I would like to build a box just behind the center console. My question is what is the best way to aim the sub? I have a JL 10. I was thinking about up and back at a 45 degree angle. Would it be better straight up, down, forward, or back? I'm running a Fosgate amp. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

-Chad

Since it is a truck and not liek a normal car where the SoundWaves would reverberate off the back of the trunk and back to the car... Id say you fire it directly up so the SW bounce of the roof.. Better Dynamat your entire cab if you want it to sound great since you dont have good SPL in the cab area.

Since it is a truck and not like a normal car where the SoundWaves would reverberate off the back of the trunk and back to the car... Id say you fire it directly up so the SW bounce of the roof.. Better Dynamat your entire cab if you want it to sound great since you dont have good SPL in the cab area.

my friends that have trucks and systems all point their subs firing against the seats. It sounds **** good that way. one of them told me how he switched em around and had them firing against the back and it didnt sound as good and didnt get louder.

yea i have a truck, and ive had about 40 different systems in it. For sq, the best way to fire it is down. A compression load box, that sits about 3 inches from the floor. For SPL, the best way is to fire it forward. Since oyu only have 1 10, its small enough to where you can try it out in all directions. All cars are different, so which way you face it to get the wave in phase with your body is all trial and error.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.