Best type of wood?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

african blackwood
lol that would be funny if he did go to Menards or somewhere and ask for it by name

OP, plywood or mdf - it mostly depends on how well you construct the enclosure. THATS what counts the most.

Killing me smalls lol.....always used mdf.....just wanted to know if there was a better route? Not like that box is going to do much moving anyways especially with cvrs lol.....let me ask you this, just talked to a guy that has four treo ssx 12s in a ported box and he wants 500 for it? Is this a steal at 500? Then my mind wonders....how the hell am I supposed to even push those things if there freaking 2k rms each! I'm only working with 2500 rms now.....then my mind wonders somemore....triple alternator bracket $600, (3) 270 amp alternators $1200, 2 additional batterys $700 on top of the three I have now. Don't even get me started on the amps! Someone help my anxiety and excitement is to much to handle! Haha

Killing me smalls lol.....always used mdf.....just wanted to know if there was a better route? Not like that box is going to do much moving anyways especially with cvrs lol.....let me ask you this, just talked to a guy that has four treo ssx 12s in a ported box and he wants 500 for it? Is this a steal at 500? Then my mind wonders....how the hell am I supposed to even push those things if there freaking 2k rms each! I'm only working with 2500 rms now.....then my mind wonders somemore....triple alternator bracket $600, (3) 270 amp alternators $1200, 2 additional batterys $700 on top of the three I have now. Don't even get me started on the amps! Someone help my anxiety and excitement is to much to handle! Haha
Welcome to the wonderful world of CA. We all do that math every day.

If the Treo's come with, then yes. If it's just the box... hell no.

HDF

MDF

Baltic Birch voidless plywood

The "best" would be mdf because of cost, accessibility, and the fact that you will never ever be able to tell the difference in any of them.

If the dude wants $500 for the subs and box together. Take it. Worst case scenario you sell it for more money. And you don't HAVE to give them full power. They will move just fine with 2500w.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.