Best type of speaker??

Participant count
  • Participant list

604Bronco
10+ year member

Ok I have a 95 240 sx with 6.5's in the front and rear and tweeters mounted on the pillars, I dont know the size of those.. anyways should I get coaxial, 2-way, 3-way or what? do I need 2/3 ways for rear and front? just give me an idea of what would be best in this situation.

I also have two amps a crossover and a capacitor in my garage im going to install eventually.. but the car is new and still needs a head unit

Since you have factory component locations going with coaxials would be a waste of time. I'd start out with two-ways in the factory locations, see how they image...if your stage height/width/depth is horribly off, may be time to look into other mounting solutions.

So two way is the 6.5" woofer with a tweeter attached to it correct? but I already have tweeters above in my pillars, its ok to have both? and should I get two ways in the front AND back? also what kind of frequency response should I be looking for.. I noticed some are like 40hz and some 20hz at the low end. thanks for response

What would be the advantages/disadvantages between a coaxial and a mid in the rear? and are component speakers hard to setup? im not sure if the aftermarket tweeters would fit in my stock location as it is INSIDE the pillar so the dome grill part wouldnt fit.

Ignoring the jackass.. Do mids reproduce enough higher end frequency so that people in the backseat will hear decent tunes? do stock systems usually come with coaxials? Basically I just want a solid upgrade on my stock system and i want it to look stock also. thanks for your time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.