Best tweeters for around $150max (opinions)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Your head unit is 100x more important when it comes to taming tweeters then the actual tweeter brand itself.
I currently run a Kenwood ddx 471, what hu would you recommend if that hu is not sufficient for decent to good non bright output for tweeters?

Where are you mounting the tweeters ...location is very important
Hmm I didn't think that would cause brightness just slight distortion. But in the door panel stock position of a 2012 ford focus sedan se. Do they make after market mounts? Or is anyone on here selling custom mounts?

Infinity kappa 62.9i in front and 63.9i in back, often turn off the 63s, the kappa are co axis and the tweeters r quite underwhelming so it issnt those causing the main tweeters to sound bright, and the brightness issnt there when the main tweeters are disconnected

Sorry I didn't quote you, see post above this one please
So your door originally had the Ford mid tweeter combo and you replaced it out with the infinity speakers but the tweeters seem extremely and bright in the Infinity set ..an over powering brightness ..am I correct on this from what I’ve gathered ?

I was looking up your car and speakers trying to figure out the setup ..I have a 2005 Steeda Focus but it’s made entirely different
It's located above the door inbtwn the door window and the windshield it's behind the black triangle plastic piece

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.