Best "tiny" sub amp for the money?

98 SNAKE EATER
10+ year member

Always been a fan of tiny, efficient amps

For my daily beater, I run a little NVX MVPA1 mini sub amp pushing a JBL Stadium 12" @ 2ohms

I picked it up years ago for $80 bucks and it's been in multiple cars (and bikes) pushing countless sub setups without issue

That is until last night when it cut out on me :unsure:

Checked all the wiring and the Amp powers up fine, but doesn't have any output unless I whack it with a hammer

Unfortunately, it has long since been discontinued and I can't seem to find one used, so Im looking at other comparable options

The NVX VADM1 looks like a good replacement, but at twice the price

Haven't been in the market for an amp in a while, just curious what else is out there that will fit my needs?

Taramps makes some small amps that work well. Have a look into those. I had a Timpano that was really small and did over 1000 rms, but I would avoid those. With no overcurrent protection built into the amp, they’re a car fire waiting to happen.

Taramps makes some small amps that work well. Have a look into those. I had a Timpano that was really small and did over 1000 rms, but I would avoid those. With no overcurrent protection built into the amp, they’re a car fire waiting to happen.

Hmm, this one looks decent for a price

Dyno'd a little lower than the my MVPA1, but I doubt I'll really notice the difference as I've pretty much outgrown my basshead days

Taramps is hard to beat for the price, especially if small space is your priority. China has been selling clones of those Brazilian full bridge designs for a little while now but I'm not sure if they have a knockoff of anything that small.

Look at Skar amps bro. Beasts but well priced. I have the rp 1200 and it was $140.
They have a 750 watt I think for $75.
And all their amps test out above their rating.

I Still have an NVX MPVA1 with box and everything. Still looks and works excellent. I bought and used for about a week along with the mini 4 ch of which I no longer have. I also have an Alpine MRV M-250 I used on a pair of 80 rms Dayton SVC4 ohm 10s under my front seats in my truck @80htz for a month. Still have box and extra fuse for it and looks really clean almost like new. If interested.. let me know and Ill send pics in PM

OK, I know it's been a while, but I was able to get the little NVX amp working again by opening it up and wedging a piece of nylon between the board and the case (weird fix, but it's been working flawlessly eversince).

My co-worker wants a similar setup for his new ride, so I'm on the hunt for another comparable tiny amp

Has anyone used one of these from MB Quart?

81g1xmcUTSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71pvESCUx4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71XtiwV29HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

DIMENSIONS 3.70 X 5.51 X 1.77 in 9.4 X 14.0 X 4.5 cm WEIGHT 2.09 lbs

400w x 1 @ 2ohms

Can be found for under $100 shipped

OK, I know it's been a while, but I was able to get the little NVX amp working again by opening it up and wedging a piece of nylon between the board and the case (weird fix, but it's been working flawlessly eversince).

My co-worker wants a similar setup for his new ride, so I'm on the hunt for another comparable tiny amp

Has anyone used one of these from MB Quart?

81g1xmcUTSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71pvESCUx4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71XtiwV29HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

DIMENSIONS 3.70 X 5.51 X 1.77 in 9.4 X 14.0 X 4.5 cm WEIGHT 2.09 lbs

400w x 1 @ 2ohms

Can be found for under $100 shipped
I havent used MB Quart for the last 15 years. Not sure if they have increased theyre lack of build quility since then? I still feel like NVX has a great reliable line of amps for the money. Other than that.. Kicker has some reliable mini amps but a bit pricey depending on your budget

I don't if it's "mini" but I'd run over the mbquartz
Deff would for sure.. She out of Stock though 👀 👀 :poop: Cool little amp @ all the most used ohm loads. Interesting. I was going to mention this one, but I think it may be larger than he is looking for?? I think NVX still make some decent amps. This one would be pretty decent that is in stock for the size?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...