Best Subwoofer Setup

TopRunner

I have a question about what would be the best setup. Just a quick background, I currently work at a local audio shop and get an employee discount. Therefore I only have the ability to purchase subs at the shop. I am going to list some possible setups, and I would like some opinions on which would be the best. I am currently looking for a new car, so I'm not sure what kind of car these subs will be going into. Just for general purposes assume it's a normal sized 4-door car. I am more worried about how hard the subs hit, and not so much the sound quality. These are the setups I am looking into that my employee discount would allow me to get.

4 Kicker Comp R 12"

2 or 3 Alpine Type R 12"

2 Kicker l7 15"

Which would sound the loudest?

Out of the ones you listed, I would definitely pick the type R's.

You may say you don't care about sound quality now. If you install a sub and it sounds like sh*t, would you still be happy? The 4 comp R's have the most usable cone area. If you are willing to give up most of your trunk and build a good enclosure, these will be the loudest.

I would personally recommend two Alpine type R's in a decent sized ported box, tuned to low 30's. I will never recommend Kicker to anyone. They are terrible in my opinion

So you work at an audio shop and you are asking an audio website for help?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

It's not really a car audio shop, it's an electronics store that sells some car audio stuff. Should have clarified, that's why it's a somewhat limited selection. No JL, no sundown etc.

Yes go to ssa store and buy 2 xcon 15 with a cresendo 4k and put the sub in good ported box and go to your audio shop show what is a realy good set up haha.

And thanks for the responses. I can't really comment on the space for the box or the amp, as I don't know which subs I'm going to go with. Just a general question on the subs being used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.