Best subwoofer for small sealed box (truck installation)

I did put a pair of Kole 10s /shallow mount in a buddys Ford 150 a while back and sounded pretty decent for what it was 400rms svc4ohm, and ran with a Hifonics VII Cyclops@2ohms mono.Sonic had them reasonable,Not alot of choices out there for that amount of space needed.

Dont buy new RE they went down hill after about 06
Guess I've been out of the game for a little too long. Thought they were still good. I'll steer clear.

Id rather buy a Kicker CVR before iD BUY A NEW RE
Noted.

Definitely interested.

If you want quality I have a pair of Critical Mass SS82s 8" subs Im selling
No thanks

For those with a good bit of experience...

If it were your truck, would you use the SD-2 or the Dayton HO?

Either one Would be a good choice... Dayton's will probably like the smaller space better though... They only need .7 ported for the 10's
Now that I'm thinking about it... in .6 cu/ft, would it be better to use them sealed, or try and use some aeroports? The enclosure would be a little small for ported, but thinking it might work.

Actually, I may just try them sealed and if I don't like it, then order some aeroports and see what I can do.

Now that I'm thinking about it... in .6 cu/ft, would it be better to use them sealed, or try and use some aeroports? The enclosure would be a little small for ported, but thinking it might work.
Actually, I may just try them sealed and if I don't like it, then order some aeroports and see what I can do.
After displacements itll be too small...

How much room do you have? I have 4 really nice JBL 8s that would work well in 1.2 sealed or 1.5-2cuft ported. they handle about 400 each. Ive reduced the price of them to 175 shipped so i can hopefully get them sold quick

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I took a few more measurements and I think I can get a bit more out of a box. I think I can get about .75 cu/ft per subwoofer now. Would you guys still suggest the Dayton HO over the SD-2? Any other recommendations with this extra space? (Also 5.5" depth)

If the HO, should I still go with the 10" or maybe bump up to the 12"?

Alright, I think I'll just stick with the Dayton HO 10's then. Gonna try them sealed and if I don't like it, I'll grab some aero ports and see how it sounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.