Best SQ speakers for under $360

but htere is a proble with the Dynaudios, they are 7" andmy car is 6.5
So you get the 242GT set, which is same driver in a 6.5" shallower mount basket.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

So you get the 242GT set, which is same driver in a 6.5" shallower mount basket.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Exactly.

FWIW, notice my forsale thread...well, there is a reason for that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my .02

If you are going for "rear fill" don't use components there. buy a decent set of rear speakers and gain the correctly. rear fill is never ment to center stage the the listener so to speek. you need less power and output there. Some will disagree with me I am sure you have to decide what sound you like.

that being said some people will prefer the "center staged" sound where it is just loud front and back. you will ahve to judge that. you can pick up some infinity reference speaker for rear fill off ebay for $60 or s then spend the rest on the front stage.

I personaly would rather have 150w and nice components up front then dencent speaker and 50w to rear fill. the thing that ***** about this is most amps are equal power amps. I would love a 5 channel amps that was 2x150, 2x50, 1x350@4ohm, 1x700@2ohm, 1x900@1ohm. on my last system I had a memphis belle and my fronts had 90w (could have possibly used a tad more) my rear had 75w had to gain them down. then the subs had 1100 watts and I blew up a set.

you will never go to a rock concert were you have equal audio front and rear.

my .02
If you are going for "rear fill" don't use components there. buy a decent set of rear speakers and gain the correctly. rear fill is never ment to center stage the the listener so to speek. you need less power and output there. Some will disagree with me I am sure you have to decide what sound you like.

that being said some people will prefer the "center staged" sound where it is just loud front and back. you will ahve to judge that. you can pick up some infinity reference speaker for rear fill off ebay for $60 or s then spend the rest on the front stage.

I personaly would rather have 150w and nice components up front then dencent speaker and 50w to rear fill. the thing that ***** about this is most amps are equal power amps. I would love a 5 channel amps that was 2x150, 2x50, 1x350@4ohm, 1x700@2ohm, 1x900@1ohm. on my last system I had a memphis belle and my fronts had 90w (could have possibly used a tad more) my rear had 75w had to gain them down. then the subs had 1100 watts and I blew up a set.

you will never go to a rock concert were you have equal audio front and rear.
I love hearing what you guys have to say in here. I am just learning how to properly setup an SQ system, but have a lot to learn.

In my Dodge, I just installed an older set of 5 1/4 MB Quarts in the rear to fill what my Boston 6x9's are putting out. Those 5 1/4's were so loud and sharp, it didn't sound very good. It was loud, but ear piercing if you were sitting in the back. I am going to have to turn them down, and maybe disconnect the tweets if it's still too bad. Or do as stated above, and pick up a cheap set of Coax's and turn them way down.

Also interested in the thread, because one of these days I need to replace the 6x9's with a good set of Comps.

here is my thoughts...because i just went down the same bridge...i bought a set or rainbow components..cmx kicks for the front..unhooked my factory rears...well after 2 weeks i decided i hate not having any rear fill...so i found some rainbow germaniums to go up front asd my front stage..i then took my cmx kicks the driver only..and ran those off there crossovers and i can not tell you how many times people tell me how crystal clear my front sdtage sounds...i germaniums are an awseome sounding speaker..get loud and sound great...so in my opinion i would go for some rainbows...you will not be dissapointed...

With a budget of $720 I would buy the High-end hertz passive crossovers in the classifieds and buy then some great 4 ohm raw drivers. I you will come out a lot cheaper and well match or surpass just about any ready built set in that price range.

And if you want some in the rear still you will have money left over to buy a nice coax just for rear fill. But as set already focus on your fronts first.

I would not put 2 comps in, i would put some super hi end comps in the front and some coax in for rear filler. The new Image Dynamics top of the line comps for the front stage and some ID coax in the rear would be my choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.