Best speakers for 250 or less?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrbadwrench
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
Looking for speakers all around for my jetta. 6.5 inch. Do not want to run a speaker amp, I hate how most speakers lose their bass when amped. Looking to spend around 250 or less for all 4. Must have good bass and not too bright of highs. Have been looking at type r's or MB quarts, but would like some opinions.

Losing the bass response is caused by the new speakers not being sealed properly to the door and panel with thT said the cdt com 626 cr set is really good for the price at $225 for all 4 speakers

My personal favorite budget coaxes are infinity kappa's they do have a pretty bright tweet but there is a -3 db button on them to calm the tweet down ... The only thing to consider is they are 2.4 ohm which should not put the stock deck into protect.. They are 65.00$ on amazon per pair they will take stupid power too..

Another one to check out is the sound cubed 6.5's

I like my CDT speakers..Image Dynamics sound very nice too..I recently bought a set of Kaapa 6.5 components,and have to say that the Tweets didn't take the rms rated..Put my CDT tweets back in,but the Mids are holding theyre own,atm.No one can determine whats the real BEST speaker for the money,as everyone has different taste,yet..Give opinions from experiencing for the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.