Sundown NeoPro 6.5 v2's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass4Days
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just bought a Jl e4300 75rmsx4 2 ohms or 180x2 2ohms the Sundown NeoPros are rated at 180 each I think. Does anyone know how much those cost and would 2 being fully powered be enough up front? Would it give me vocals and mid bass or would I still need tweets? Thanks!

Run a set of tweets my man..Always needed for front staging.Bass for bass,Mids for mids, and tweets for highs,Mid bass for that Kick up front..the perfect setup for front staging would be ideal for a 3 way/set up,even a 10in sub up front around 60 htz would be nice.But ya man..get some tweets,, youll be missing out on a lot of symbols crashing ect without the tweets

Run a set of tweets my man..Always needed for front staging.Bass for bass,Mids for mids, and tweets for highs,Mid bass for that Kick up front..the perfect setup for front staging would be ideal for a 3 way/set up,even a 10in sub up front around 60 htz would be nice.But ya man..get some tweets,, youll be missing out on a lot of symbols crashing ect without the tweets
If i got 2 way coaxial 6.5 door speakers that have the tweets built in would i still need more tweets? If I got 4 of them?

If i got 2 way coaxial 6.5 door speakers that have the tweets built in would i still need more tweets? If I got 4 of them?
You should not need any more tweets,if you do Coax.But I do recommend components, in which can take more power and sound so much better.And several more choices as well,Coax generally wont go down past a margin of approx. 50-60 htz if you are lucky.as most good set of components will get down to 45 htz,to give you that missed kick of bass up front.I have had good experiences with Polk DB6.5 Coax.I still have a set,and for the money,I couldn't have been happier with them.Great speakers for the money without question from my experience.

You should not need any more tweets,if you do Coax.But I do recommend components, in which can take more power and sound so much better.And several more choices as well,Coax generally wont go down past a margin of approx. 50-60 htz if you are lucky.as most good set of components will get down to 45 htz,to give you that missed kick of bass up front.I have had good experiences with Polk DB6.5 Coax.I still have a set,and for the money,I couldn't have been happier with them.Great speakers for the money without question from my experience.
You think I will be able to hear the mid bass over the dc level 6 and dd m3b lol. Thats kinda why I never went for mid bass speakers. But I want screaming highs

You think I will be able to hear the mid bass over the dc level 6 and dd m3b lol. Thats kinda why I never went for mid bass speakers. But I want screaming highs
I doubt it man..Best get some decent components up front man.I could hear the Polks just fine with one pair of old school Audiobahn Aw1008t 10s in 2.0 cubes ea at 32htz on 2k rms in my xcab chevy with an old school Mean Machine 99@2ohms and asset of Kicker KS25 tweets fairly decent.Not sure what DB I was @ on the subs slamming, but enough that the side window latches broke at a MECCA meet,and had to screw them shut

I doubt it man..Best get some decent components up front man.I could hear the Polks just fine with one pair of old school Audiobahn Aw1008t 10s in 2.0 cubes ea at 32htz on 2k rms in my xcab chevy with an old school Mean Machine 99@2ohms and asset of Kicker KS25 tweets fairly decent.Not sure what DB I was @ on the subs slamming, but enough that the side window latches broke at a MECCA meet,and had to screw them shut
Hell yea

Do you think this is worth fixing since your into the oldschool mean machines and stuff?

View image: crunch2

I think its a sharp looking amp. Can tell its built like a tank

Hell yea Do you think this is worth fixing since your into the oldschool mean machines and stuff?

View image: crunch2

I think its a sharp looking amp. Can tell its built like a tank
Not my taste of the Crunch series.I liked the OLDER ones//Black with the Pink writing/logos Crunch 50/100 HC series.Kinda like the old Earth Quakes.Hell,Id crack it open and see if there might just be some mosfets to replace or caps.Easy to do yourself.Can find replacements at Parts Express more than likely.Get her up and running for like $20bucks maybe??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.