Best Sounding Componet Speaker

I've heard a lot of speakers in my day, and I say without hesitation that the new Boston Z series components are the best car speakers ever made.

Now i have obviously never heard these but in the march 2002 issue of "car audio and electronics" there is a set of component speakers made by Arc Audio that run an msrp of $7,500... yes i did say 7,500... and if im paying $7,500 for components then i would be expecting angels to come down from the sky and sing to me every time i turned on my radio... just my opinion.... i beleive they are the Arc Audio "rainbow" series... WOW

Roberto

Originally posted by lil roberto Now i have obviously never heard these but in the march 2002 issue of "car audio and electronics" there is a set of component speakers made by Arc Audio that run an msrp of $7,500... yes i did say 7,500... and if im paying $7,500 for components then i would be expecting angels to come down from the sky and sing to me every time i turned on my radio... just my opinion.... i beleive they are the Arc Audio "rainbow" series... WOW

Roberto
its not by arc audio, but when hooked up to one..they sure sound nice:D

they are made by rainbow. its their top of the line series, Reference.

thanks man i mean i didnt know a bunch about um i just was reading the article and most of his **** was arc audio and i saw those... it was unbeleiveable....

Roberto

Ya, the boston Z series are the best I've herd so far, but there like $700 retail. **** that's alot. For me it is. and $7,500 for car speakers, not unless I'm Bill Gates or Mark Cuban.

I've always wanted to try out a 3 way set. Boston and MB Quart make them and I've often wondered how good they would sound.

Larry

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by cooldoctorb Regardless of price what do you guys think is the best souding and loudest for componets? So, basicly the best speakers out right now!
Everyone has different expectations and requirements from what they want from their speakers. Therefore, there is no best component speaker, as it varies from individual to individual.

I personally like Boston Acoustics, Diamond Audio, CDT, Crystal, Alpine, Focal, Rainbow, MB Quart, Infinity and MTX.

- Steve

i don't know about you guys but i hate "screeching" highs....the only advantage i've found to having a 3-way is that i mounted the 4" mid in the dash in close proximity to the tweeter....this way you can kill the treble w/o killing vocals and lowering the soundstage.....that and the more speakers( on different frequencies that is) you have the less the chance of distorting.....i guess.....but all in all....i'm shopping for a new comp set so maybe i don't like them too much!!!!

My first set of components was Orion 6.5, don't know wat series. They were put into my door with custom pods with lots of Brown Bread in the doors. They sounded great, almost too much midbass. Then I bought a pair of Crossire SQ 6.5 components. They sound awesome!!!! I had them in custom fibreglass kickpods on the floor. Now I am running 2 sets of components in my car.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.