best single 12" alpine type R enclosure

sammy0309

NC
I have two type r's that I'll be putting in a hummer h1 wagon.

One enclosure on each side of the rear wheel well.

I'm thinking about this box i found on hifisoundconnection.

what do yall think about it? Is it the best one that will be perfect for the type r's?

any additional info would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

View attachment 26524355

Vented Sub Box Enclosure Single 12" Subwoofer

Vented-Sub-Box-Enclosure-Single-12-quot-Subwoofer-image-2 Vented-Sub-Box-Enclosure-Single-12-quot-Subwoofer-image-3

One of the best way to get the maximum bass per watt is a vented enclosure! This single 12" enclosure will work with almost any brand and model subwoofer(s) just be sure to check the recommend airspace required. Unlike a sealed box the vent allows air to freely move in and out of the box but is "tuned" to a set frequency range that greatly increases the overall output. More air = more bass! This enclosure features a special black spray on coating that is comparable to bed liner spray. It not only makes for a more cosmetically pleasing look but is also a protective water resistant shell!

Our boxes are made from precision cuts of MDF. They are then liquid nailed, nailed and completely sealed. We then wrap them with high quality carpet that matches most vehicle interiors. All Boxes feature high grade spring loaded terminal cup(s) for the absolute best connection possible. All the custom series enclosures are made to fit precisely into your vehicle to the get the max performance from every extra inch of wasted space.

We guarantee you will not only see a difference in the quality of the boxes we build, but you will hear the difference and that is what is it is truly all about.

Product Code: RL112V

Features:

* Single 12" Vented Sub Box

o Mounting Depth: 15"

o Air Space: 1.60 Cubic Feet

o Vented Enclosure

o Dimensions: Width 18" x Height 13" x Depth 16"

* Vented Design allows for maximum output

* Constructed with High Quality MDF

* High Quality Binding Terminal Cup (Accepts Banana Terminal Plugs OR Bare Wire 'up to 10GA')

* Seven Sprayed on layers for a long lasting, durable, water resistant enclosure (same technology as spray-on bed liner)

Are you trying to save space?

I dont know what the tuning is on the box either so I wont recommend it but it does seem to be well built at least.

If it were me I would be building my own boxes, if you are capable and willing, I would suggest that, People here can design you a proper ported enclosure that will satisfy you.

Yes space is a concern and thats why I'm going with two single boxes. I would like to find a prefab box to save time. They all see reasonably priced. What would you do in this situation? Thanks

1 type r 12 in a professionally built box by someone like me will outperform both in those prefab boxes. So in the long run you're not saving any space or money, and kinda just a waste of time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.