Best setup for my amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pkoblish

CarAudio.com Newbie
For my voice amp I have a skar rp150.4, I was wondering if I wired 4 6.5 midrange loudspeakers to 2 ohms per channel in parallel off of 2 channels, and then had 2 tweeters wired to the other 2 channels running at around 150rms if you guys think it would sound decent? Loud but also not too tinny? I have subs.

list all your gear. deck, subs, amps, speakers, what vehicle? etc
It’s a 96 f250 extended cab. I have a KENWOOD e
list all your gear. deck, subs, amps, speakers, what vehicle? etc
it’s a 96 f250 extended cab powerstroke. Has two batteries and a 230 or 270a alternator. I have a KENWOOD kdc-x304 excelon going to a skar rp150.4 and spline r 6.5 at 100rms in the front and Polk mm1 5x7 in the back at 100rms. For bass I have a rp1500.1 on 2 12s ported at 32 hz. Voice is a little distorted at high volume and kinda just want louder

For my voice amp I have a skar rp150.4, I was wondering if I wired 4 6.5 midrange loudspeakers to 2 ohms per channel in parallel off of 2 channels, and then had 2 tweeters wired to the other 2 channels running at around 150rms if you guys think it would sound decent? Loud but also not too tinny? I have subs.
Should sound ok. Just use the HPF on the tweeters and FULL on the 6.5s.

It’s a 96 f250 extended cab. I have a KENWOOD e

it’s a 96 f250 extended cab powerstroke. Has two batteries and a 230 or 270a alternator. I have a KENWOOD kdc-x304 excelon going to a skar rp150.4 and spline r 6.5 at 100rms in the front and Polk mm1 5x7 in the back at 100rms. For bass I have a rp1500.1 on 2 12s ported at 32 hz. Voice is a little distorted at high volume and kinda just want louder

how did you set your amp gains?

how did you set your amp gains?
Found the highest volume on the deck that doesn’t send a clipped signal, then I kinda did it by ear but I think I could be overpowering the speakers by a little. I’m gonna buy a oscilloscope when I get new speakers to properly set the gains. Just trying to pick which speakers to get tweeters/mids

What would you recommend then for it to sound better?
You said you are using some Alpine TypeR up front. Those are very good speakers. Just another set in the back should get pretty loud. I run only a front stage with about 60 watts per channel. That, IMO is pretty loud to where I feel my hearing is safe. I also set by ear and have not had an issue in 200 years. But if you want to set by MM, at 4 Ohms you should set around 20v AC per channel. That translates to 100w per channel.

You said you are using some Alpine TypeR up front. Those are very good speakers. Just another set in the back should get pretty loud. I run only a front stage with about 60 watts per channel. That, IMO is pretty loud to where I feel my hearing is safe. I also set by ear and have not had an issue in 200 years. But if you want to set by MM, at 4 Ohms you should set around 20v AC per channel. That translates to 100w per channel.
When setting gains on the door speakers what frequency do you use for the volt meter? And subwoofer aswell? I might just spend the $40 on an oscilloscope because I’m always messing with my system and changing things

When setting gains on the door speakers what frequency do you use for the volt meter? And subwoofer aswell? I might just spend the $40 on an oscilloscope because I’m always messing with my system and changing things
For sub amp use 50Hz, and 1kHz for full range. I use an app named Signal Generator by XYZ Apps. I use it because most music is played via BT.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...