Best setup for 2007 Tahoe ($300-400)

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
I getting a setup for a buddy. Hes got a 2007 Tahoe. We fine on room so now were trying to get some subs. He needs subs and Amp to cost around $300-$400 ( give or take). I was thinking two 12's. He listens to mainly rap. Got any ideas?

I'd go with 15"s in a tahoe. If he wanted 12"s with 400 dollars and was trying to go brand new, and this is my own personal opinion, I would be looking at pioneer champ pro subs and probably a hifonics brutus. But even that setup will probably push you into the 450 range since you will have to get a cheap pre fab box.

I'd go with 15"s in a tahoe. If he wanted 12"s with 400 dollars and was trying to go brand new, and this is my own personal opinion, I would be looking at pioneer champ pro subs and probably a hifonics brutus. But even that setup will probably push you into the 450 range since you will have to get a cheap pre fab box.
So we already have money set aside for box and wiring. Hes not partial to any size. Just wants loud bass. I said two 12's because of larger area. He may be able to get closer $500

I'm trying to think of brand new equipment that won't disappoint you, and all I can come up with is hifonics amps (the brutus elite version) and pioneer or alpine subs. That should be able to fit in your budget and not let you down. If he doesn't mind used then it really depends on his own preference since he will have more options.

I'm trying to think of brand new equipment that won't disappoint you, and all I can come up with is hifonics amps (the brutus elite version) and pioneer or alpine subs. That should be able to fit in your budget and not let you down. If he doesn't mind used then it really depends on his own preference since he will have more options.
Why not a 15" XFL?

Well, its not my system so can disappoint me ;D So, he just wants bass. A buddy has two no name 13.5in subs and they make him happy. So im guessing a good quality subs setup will be louder. Shouldnt be too hard should it?

[quote name='jrdnhsnbrg']I'd suggest a pair of used XFLs, I believe @Tenacious ; is selling some[/QUOTE]

You said pair. Wouldnt two 15's be too much for the electrical even with the big three? A 15in XFL can take 2000 watts. So 4000 watts on stock electrical?

Just because it can take it doesn't mean you need to give it that. Anywhere between 1500 to 4000 watts should be fine for the pair and get good useage out of them. Adding another sub gains you 3db's without adding any more total power. So one fifteen on 4000 watts is as loud as 2 15's on 1000 watts a piece. That doesn't include power compression, which clearly works in favor of the pair on less power, this is all assuming you have plenty of room and can fit proper airspace, port size, and don't mess with the cabin gain too much by using a very big box. Odds are in a large suv the 2 15's are louder overall just about everytime for daily usage, burp box, maybe not.

When working on a budget I always find it best to design the loudest setup I can 1w/1m and then worry about powering it the best I can. Often more expensive subs that don't suffer compression on less power, but in effecient boxes do this the best. Do the XFL's give them some good size box space and you'll be VERY surpised what you'll get out of them. He listens mostly to rap. Is that 40-50hz type of rap or we talking lower stuff? For a good compromise daily, 35hz tuning should be great. You can go a bit higher or lower if he mostly listens to one or the other.

Just because it can take it doesn't mean you need to give it that. Anywhere between 1500 to 4000 watts should be fine for the pair and get good useage out of them. Adding another sub gains you 3db's without adding any more total power. So one fifteen on 4000 watts is as loud as 2 15's on 1000 watts a piece. That doesn't include power compression, which clearly works in favor of the pair on less power, this is all assuming you have plenty of room and can fit proper airspace, port size, and don't mess with the cabin gain too much by using a very big box. Odds are in a large suv the 2 15's are louder overall just about everytime for daily usage, burp box, maybe not.
When working on a budget I always find it best to design the loudest setup I can 1w/1m and then worry about powering it the best I can. Often more expensive subs that don't suffer compression on less power, but in effecient boxes do this the best. Do the XFL's give them some good size box space and you'll be VERY surpised what you'll get out of them. He listens mostly to rap. Is that 40-50hz type of rap or we talking lower stuff? For a good compromise daily, 35hz tuning should be great. You can go a bit higher or lower if he mostly listens to one or the other.
So you say two XFL 15's. He listens to some low songs like White girl but all in i think 35 should serve well. Can you recommend a amp?

So you say two XFL 15's. He listens to some low songs like White girl but all in i think 35 should serve well. Can you recommend a amp?
How much does he have for a budget on the amp? JBL has refurbs on ebay you can get for a good price at auction. SQ had good pricing as well on their new stuff for what you get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.