Best Radio for FM Sensativety

ClassX Radio

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2019 Grand Caravan. Want to replace the factory radio with one that has better quality sound, A VERY SENSATIVE FM RECEIVER that picks up distant station is a necessity, GPS, Car Play are also important. A bonus would be a Radio that also can connect to Wi-Fi with a audio streaming ability what I can add the IP of the stream and program it into the radio. LCD important. Anyone have ideas of which radio fit the need?

With terrestrial radio taking a backseat to HD, streaming, and USB, you're looking at an uphill run to find one known for its radio reception. Hell, you can hardly get CD in a deck any more.
You may have to do a deep dig and check sensitivity ratings from several decks that interest you form several mfgrs. Pioneer used to be "known" for their tuners, but that could be totally different now.

The older Pioneer DEH (DEH-880PRS, 80PRS, etc) I believe are Supertuner lll models that work pretty well. I have one of these and they are sought after for their versatility and exceptional audiophile playback quality.
  • AAC Audio Playback CD, SD, USB
  • CD/CD-R/RW PlaybackYes
  • MP3 Audio Playback CD, SD, USB
  • WAV Audio Playback (Hi-Res)CD, SD, USB
  • WMA Audio Playback CD, SD, USB
  • Built-in Bluetooth®
    • USB
    • AUX Input

They are also hi-res certified and have exceptional D/A Converters that use Burr Brown 24-bit processing chips (audiophile). You can check everything out here.

Most that have owned these know what they are and who they cater to. I see the 80PRS and the 880PRS for sale on eBay pretty often.

Last edited:
This almost seems like there would be a better way to add a data plan to your vehicle, and connect a tablet to go through. It would at least let you handle the IP of the stream, and the GPS separately from the head unit.

Не впевнений, що в Україні є слово для радіо, тому виявляйте трохи любові до наших братів в Україні!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...