best ported 10

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
Looking for the best 10 for a 1.3cuft ported box getting 600W RMS at 2ohms. Im looking for a loud sub that also sounds good and under $150 shipped. Ive heard the type R is pretty good ported and will work in a small ported box. Was looking into Cadence flash, Mmat 2.5VC, and some others but not sure of there box specs.

Im going to build it this weekend. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

RE SE 10 matches up well to what you are wanting. Im putting two of them sealed in my friends' truck. I have two of their 12's in my truck now. They work really well in ported boxes too. Great SQ and SPL

Thanks guys, I just came across a new 1999 MA Audio P10 iL dual 6ohm 800W max. 2.5" voicecoils for $55 so I picked it up. Only problem is it doesnt have the manual in the "barrel" it came in. Any of the oldtimers know anything about this sub? I found nothing on goggle and MA couldnt tell me anything.

Im going to make some boxes tommorrow. The one 1.3 is IV so after port and sub I will be around 1.05. Still havent figured out the real way to tune a box.

This calculator work very well and IIRC, takes end correction into factor with port length and tuning.
slot port calculator
Thanks, used this one today for my Alphasonik 800 10" box- was in a box tuned to 55Hz now I made it 35Hz as long as the calculations are the same for L shaped slot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.