Explanation please

Ok here

Is the sub a single voice coil or a dual voice coil?

For a single voice coil you can only wire it to 4 ohms

For a dual voice coil you wire to 2 ohms

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

A mono amp that says it will do 400rms at 2ohms will power at 2ohm minimum resistance with out over heating. But you will be powering at 4 ohms, which would be more resistance so you wouldnt have to worry about over heating, but you will most likely cut you watts into half (depending on the amp)

400 watts RMS @ 2 ohms

200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms

So wait are you saying I need two mono amps?
No, he's saying that your subwoofer has two voice coils, each rated at 4ohms. This allows you to wire the sub to a 2ohm final load. Therefore you should look at amps that do the power you need at a 2ohm load. This would be about 300-500 watts in this case, depending on what kind of box you plan on using.

Ok thanks lol now I got to figure out for my 4 speakers. Can you give me some input RAM please. I have kicker ks 400 and ks 500. I just need to figure out what bloody 4 channel amp will be perfect for these cause I am tired of crackly noise. Please help me

Ok thanks lol now I got to figure out for my 4 speakers. Can you give me some input RAM please. I have kicker ks 400 and ks 500. I just need to figure out what bloody 4 channel amp will be perfect for these cause I am tired of crackly noise. Please help me
Anybrand in mind? do you plan on sticking with kicker since you have kicker everything else?

I would love to stick with kicker but I know this may sound really dumb but can I really mix up with other brands? It doesnt matter to me as long as I can hear everything well. I would love to stick with kicker but I doubt I can. Cause now I am having trouble finding a box for my single sub to put both amps in with a showing of my sub and red neon lights in it. so idk. im lost now

I was told though to stay away from 5 channel amps so that way I can upgrade my sub later or get two new subs and a dual channel amp later if i need to. or would I be better off getting a 5 channel amp?

I was told though to stay away from 5 channel amps so that way I can upgrade my sub later or get two new subs and a dual channel amp later if i need to. or would I be better off getting a 5 channel amp?
It all matters when and how much you would want to upgrade. The 5 channel is nice because everything is all in one (dont have to find spots for 2 amps and wires) But if you ever wanted to go bigger subs two amps would work just fine. The 5 channel just would look so clean if done correctly

It all matters when and how much you would want to upgrade. The 5 channel is nice because everything is all in one (dont have to find spots for 2 amps and wires) But if you ever wanted to go bigger subs two amps would work just fine. The 5 channel just would look so clean if done correctly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.