Best Port Tuning = (SPL).

In the Future:

Z4 DD 18.
Pride Audio UFO 18.
Sundown Night Shade.
Solo X 18.
SSA Zcon 18.

And looking for ones that weigh allot. A giant single.

Or would adding more DD712s be something worth considering? Over a heavy single?

How many DD712s would it take to technically compete with a single giant 18"?

I think the Deaf Bonce 4518 weighs about 135 pounds.

Low FS 18" Infinite Baffle sounds like the perfect idea.

I'm looking for the future where Subwoofers are: 6.5" FS 28hz. QTS: .73
12" FS 25 Qts: .73

Are these specs universally possible?

Currently I'm loving my daily (rebassed music):

DD712 - 2.73 cubic ft - 28HZ - 34" X 6" Port.

With the right combination of parts just about any specs are possible. The issue with 6.5" subs is simple. You need air displacement to make bass.

Matt

With the right combination of parts just about any specs are possible. The issue with 6.5" subs is simple. You need air displacement to make bass.

Matt

Kind of agree. I have heard some 6.5 setups that sound really good. You just have to understand a 6.5 is not gonna handle 30hz at max volume for an extended period of time. I think thats why people run into trouble. They think their 4 6.5 setup is gonna pull 150dB. If its a fart box made to a 3 second burst maybe. But not a 35hz tuned enclosure.

True SPL is why I am a fan of Gary Killian. Gary pushed huge numbers on music. I see these huge numbers (World Records) at 73hz. Thats like listening to your own fart. I guess as I have gotten older I more prefer SQL.

My friend does 166.8 @ 20 hz. on a 30 second music run. He also does over 180 at 50 hz. Is that loud and windy enough for you?

gregs big 20hz numbers are low and loud Usaci burp scores not 30sec average scores

Isn't Low and Loud Wall a 30 second run? I know he was worried about having to go for thirty seconds. I was there and watched him do it.

Screenshot_20221201-215853_Gallery.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...