Best Port Tuning = (SPL).

Unless you measure cabin gain you are guessing in the dark

Pure spl you take the modeled frequency response and add cabin gain. Tweek the subs modeled response until you get the highest peak.

For more sq builds you tweek the modeled response to bee more flat 28-80hz with possibly a bigger bump lower in the frequency range where it's less about hearing and more feeling.

In most cases tuning high yields the most spl but sounds terrible.

Typically you tune lower 32hz and down for rap and rebassed music, 33-36 is all-around good and 37-42 for rock music

And tuning low like sub 32hz will typically give you a flatter response above tuning point making it decent for sq systems as long as you eq out cabin gain.

Unless you measure cabin gain you are guessing in the dark

Pure spl you take the modeled frequency response and add cabin gain. Tweek the subs modeled response until you get the highest peak.

For more sq builds you tweek the modeled response to bee more flat 28-80hz with possibly a bigger bump lower in the frequency range where it's less about hearing and more feeling.

In most cases tuning high yields the most spl but sounds terrible.

Typically you tune lower 32hz and down for rap and rebassed music, 33-36 is all-around good and 37-42 for rock music

And tuning low like sub 32hz will typically give you a flatter response above tuning point making it decent for sq systems as long as you eq out cabin gain.

Thanks for the info once again winkychevelle!

I'm almost certain that Bandpass is what I'm still needing to build.

I bought plans for an 8th Order Bandpass.

Might buy plans for a 4th, 6th.

That way I'm guessing the response with Bandpass is flatter and wider range.?

Though still looking to build a simple infinite baffle to compare with enclosures.

SPL meters and Software.

Thanks for the info once again winkychevelle!

I'm almost certain that Bandpass is what I'm still needing to build.

I bought plans for an 8th Order Bandpass.

Might buy plans for a 4th, 6th.

That way I'm guessing the response with Bandpass is flatter and wider range.?

It's not always that simple it takes measurements, and modeling to even glimpse at the end result. Not only that your goals and mine would be different.

It sounds like you want loud I personally would suggest a ported box built on the larger side of things tuned to the mid 30s. It really depends on your cabin gain to see where your box needs to excel and where it can roll off.

Or a 6th order designed by someone who has experience with them. I don't have experience with them enough to give much input beyond my current knowledge. I don't even want to try and think about an 8th order. Bandpass boxes are big depending on the situation you may be better off dropping from 1 12 to 2 10s or even 4 8s in a slightly larger box and then you will have more voice coil to absorb the heat so more power can be applied.

I wish buck was feeling well since he was a good resource for box design, shredder was doing them too at one time.

My truck has had several systems from 1 eclipse aluminum 12, 2 JL 13tw5, 2 dd 506s, 2 sa10v2, 2 Dayton ho 10s, 2 DD 1508s and my next box is for what essentially is 1 10 in a 6th order granted it uses 2 nvx 10s but the output will be similar to only 1.

My goal post is forever moving. Hell I even had a system in another truck that was 2 kicker comp 10s on like 800w in what had to be the perfect sealed box for those subs combined with that truck. It wasn't loud but that was one of the cleanest setups I had. Wasn't happy with the output and those 10s got sold and replaced with something else. This hobby is basically a dog chasing it's tail in the pursuit of perfection

It's not always that simple it takes measurements, and modeling to even glimpse at the end result. Not only that your goals and mine would be different.

It sounds like you want loud I personally would suggest a ported box built on the larger side of things tuned to the mid 30s. It really depends on your cabin gain to see where your box needs to excel and where it can roll off.

Or a 6th order designed by someone who has experience with them. I don't have experience with them enough to give much input beyond my current knowledge. I don't even want to try and think about an 8th order. Bandpass boxes are big depending on the situation you may be better off dropping from 1 12 to 2 10s or even 4 8s in a slightly larger box and then you will have more voice coil to absorb the heat so more power can be applied.

I wish buck was feeling well since he was a good resource for box design, shredder was doing them too at one time.

My truck has had several systems from 1 eclipse aluminum 12, 2 JL 13tw5, 2 dd 506s, 2 sa10v2, 2 Dayton ho 10s, 2 DD 1508s and my next box is for what essentially is 1 10 in a 6th order granted it uses 2 nvx 10s but the output will be similar to only 1.

My goal post is forever moving. Hell I even had a system in another truck that was 2 kicker comp 10s on like 800w in what had to be the perfect sealed box for those subs combined with that truck. It wasn't loud but that was one of the cleanest setups I had. Wasn't happy with the output and those 10s got sold and replaced with something else. This hobby is basically a dog chasing it's tail in the pursuit of perfection

One 3' voice coil 12" sub to 10" of voice coil with 4 - 8's? That's a great comparison. The 8's also have about 80% more cone area and a big motor force advantage over a single 12" sub. Keep trying kid.

One 3' voice coil 12" sub to 10" of voice coil with 4 - 8's? That's a great comparison. The 8's also have about 80% more cone area and a big motor force advantage over a single 12" sub. Keep trying kid.

No **** dude. It was literally a statement pointing out that often times smaller subs equate to more cone area and more voice coil mass to absorb the heat from higher power amps for a given amount of airspace.

Keep trying kid, and to is not 2 so check your spelling bro. You want to play the victim go ahead but at least do it in your own post and stop muddying other peoples post.

No **** dude. It was literally a statement pointing out that often times smaller subs equate to more cone area and more voice coil mass to absorb the heat from higher power amps for a given amount of airspace.

Keep trying kid, and to is not 2 so check your spelling bro. You want to play the victim go ahead but at least do it in your own post and stop muddying other peoples post.

You came at me man. I didn't start the **** and I refuse to back down from it. What is 8's quality? Is that a scale from 1 to 10? Please explain genius. Most hardcore SPL guys compete between 50 hz. and 60 hz. just so you know.

You came at me man. I didn't start the **** and I refuse to back down from it. What is 8's quality? Is that a scale from 1 to 10? Please explain genius. Most hardcore SPL guys compete between 50 hz. and 60 hz. just so you know.

I'm guessing youre asking what is sound quality

Well be definition it's the ability to playback a recording exactly as it originally sounded without adding to the recording by overly emphasizing certain frequency ranges. It can literally be measured with an rta just like spl can be with a pressure meter.

As far as coming at you I didn't but if that's how you want to take it go ahead and carry that chip on your shoulder I don't care.

I'm guessing youre asking what is sound quality

Well be definition it's the ability to playback a recording exactly as it originally sounded without adding to the recording by overly emphasizing certain frequency ranges. It can literally be measured with an rta just like spl can be with a pressure meter.

As far as coming at you I didn't but if that's how you want to take it go ahead and carry that chip on your shoulder I don't care.

The OP is asking for port tuning for SPL not SQ. Are you really going to tell him to tune his box in the 30's for SPL competitions? Come on man. I think you're better than that. What's the SPL frequency genius?

Screenshot_20221112-222139_Facebook.jpg

The OP is asking for port tuning for SPL not SQ. Are you really going to tell him to tune his box in the 30's for SPL competitions? Come on man. I think you're better than that. What's the SPL frequency genius?

View attachment 44836
Boy you just pick what you want from the statement. Cabin gain determines peak in a burp box. Along with the fact that during lower frequency play more energy is lost to panel flex.

But in a daily system what this guy is trying to achieve I stand by my statement.

You really are a foot aren't you

Boy you just pick what you want from the statement. Cabin gain determines peak in a burp box. Along with the fact that during lower frequency play more energy is lost to panel flex.

But in a daily system what this guy is trying to achieve I stand by my statement.

You really are a foot aren't you

When did the OP ever say SQ or daily driver? I'll wait. Quit assuming kid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...