Best place to install tweeters?

orphe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Houston
Im trying to figure out the best place to mount my tweeters. I will be fiber glassing pods for them. Please pick one and why there?

27xibdt.jpg

a lot of people will say use some double sided tape and move them around to see where you like them.

Spot #1 for me but i'm in a truck

what's the difference in spot 2 and 4

everyone is going to give you a different answer.

I think some double sided tape and trying different places to see what works best for your setup / likes will be the way to find your location

everyone is going to give you a different answer.I think some double sided tape and trying different places to see what works best for your setup / likes will be the way to find your location
Agreed. There is not a general spot for tweeters, just locations. you need to experiment with that yourself and you will be able to find it more accurately than anyone on here will recommend. But remember, if you limit yourself to just 4 locations, or even three it seems, then you might not know what else will work. Try relocating it every foot until you find the spot, then narrow that down by 6", then 3", then the width of the tweeters. Will take some time, but will be very accurate. This is the one time I will say, calculating for it would be less ideal than a DIY location, unless you have the time for that as well.

Also, remember to keep your head in a steady position, as turning it will cause phasing effects that may make it harder to pinpoint an optimal location. It's called HRTF and it effects the HF frequencies a LOT in an area acoustically larger than the frequencies of a tweeters range. So, measuring its output using an omni-directional mic may be more ideal.

Number 1.....get your stage width the easiest there. And height shouldn't be a problem.
Now that you mention that, if you were to limit yourself, OP, I would agree with 1 as well. Our ears work more efficiently on a horizontal plane for staging than a vertical plane, and number one will likely give you the best staging, which you may find as well by tweaking the positions as mentioned before.

a lot of people will say use some double sided tape and move them around to see where you like them.Spot #1 for me but i'm in a truck

what's the difference in spot 2 and 4
spot 4 is on the inside. spot 2 is on the outside

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.