Best place to ground in an Explorer?

BrianDye
10+ year member

2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Ive had 4-5 different vehicles that my system has been in now (Well besides my new amp/box/headunit) but ive got to be doing something wrong.

Every single time ive wired it all up, theres alot of interference. For instance, I can hear the CD spinning through the subs, or the loud BOOM when I change FM stations, or turn the vehicle off.

Ive always solved it with the schoshe ground loop isolator thing from wally world, BUT that definitely lowers the input level. (Bass was alot louder without it hooked up)

Ive always just found a bolt on the trunk/cargo area floor and just used a ring terminal on my amp ground and tightened it down.

So my question is, whats the best way to ground my amp? Ive done the big 3, I have an HC600 Kinetik in the back, grounded the same way as my amp, but a smaller screw; should I redo the battery ground and ground the amp to the battery? Wheres/hows the best way to ground either one?

Thanks guys!

I always just sand the paint off the floor pan and use a sheet metal screw. Have an 03 Exploder that I did this to and no interference,weird noises, etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.