Best Place to Download Music

Originally posted by Aurorav8 I guess the federal courts and I have something in common then. Neither of us consider "file sharing" theft.
Yes and you can sue for burning your tongue on coffee. You can sue for harming yourself when trying to break into someone's house. You can sue if you hurt your hand assaulting someone. OJ Simpson is innocent (sorry!).... The federal courts will always side on technicalities and who has the best speakers.

Who said anything about prison? I just hate when ignorant people can't admit when they are doing something wrong. Whenever you are proved wrong you always throw out a far fetched statement which is a waste of my time.

This thread is no longer constructive as it is just us babbling so I will unsubscribe from this thread.

Well reproducing copy written material is a federal offense...

Whenever you are proved wrong you always throw out a far fetched statement which is a waste of my time.
Who are you to say that I was "proved" wrong? My posts, and everyone elses post were only opinions...opinions aren't right or wrong, they are just...opinions.

In my opinion, and apparently many others, downloading music off the net is not illegal...upheld by the court of law.

In your opinion, and others, downloading music off the net is illegal...although NOT upheld by the court of law.

Right, or wrong...it's still legal.

i only buy if the cd is that good that i want absolute 100% quality and want to pay some respects to the band who recorded it...

For the rest I have it easy, i administrate one huge network and know a lot of people who do a lot of things with computers because of that. I got two "friends" who have like 300+ gb on mp3´s, all superb quality... i just make lists and get burned discs which serves me well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I´m thinking to open up my ftp again... something like 3 sq´s songs and 3 spl songs that can be downloaded by any caraudio.com (+100 post) user. It will change the songs once per week meaning I would offer 6 songs a week... I got the ftpserver linked on a 155mbit atm line currently which is more then I would ever need for such service only the question remains: you guys interested in me setting it up ?

ow: if noboy uses, no sense of setting it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Originally posted by Aurorav8 Well isn't that intelligent...I'm the "****ing idiot", yet you're the one that has to resort to name calling...how cute.

If you understand my point, then how ****ing idiotic can it be? And considering I've only made about 4 or 5 posts pertaining to this subject, then I doubt my point got "lost" about 15 posts back.

There are plenty of "ifs ands or buts about it". I recieve quite a few christmas gifts on Dec. 25th, and they were neither mine to begin with, and I didn't pay for it....did I in turn "steal" these gifts? No.

Downloading music, is, in a sense, a "gift"...it is sharing music...plain and simple.

Looks like somebody needs to heed their own advice. You've contradicted yourself in this your previous post already. Saying my post is "****ing idiotic" then saying you get my point, even though it was lost 15 posts ago...someone didn't think their statement out too well.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif
You're just too stubborn to admit that you are stealing. None of us on here say it's bad, or that we think any less of people who do it, hell we ALL do it. Just admit it's stealing and move on. And the "gift" excuse- that's pretty lame. Christmas gifts are not a valid comparison because they are bought and paid for. The difference is when the people give them to you, they don't retain a copy of the gift for themselves. If is not illegal to give someone a CD, but it is to give them a copy, or give them the original and keep a copy for yourself.

I never contradicted myself. Understanding your point does not mean I agree with it. And the whole "15 posts back" thing- my lord I was exaggerating. Ever heard of that? And music sharing is illegal- the courts just can't "prove" that you didn't have the music in the first place, either that or they don't want to take the time. It will happen someday, unfortunately.

Originally posted by Aurorav8 And, as I understand it, you can make a million copies of a CD or movie, as long as you don't resell the copies, or charge people to watch/listen to the product.
Wrong. This is two different laws. There are copyright laws, and then there are redistribution laws. The difference between them is a gray area, but they are different. Read the fine print on your next CD in the copyright section. You can make a copy for yourself as long as you don't listen to both at the same time, hence "duplicating" the music. Technically you can make a million copies- but the restrictions are more than what you listed. Not only can you not resell them or charge people to listen- you can't even give them away. Hence file sharing...

And to end this lovely discussion: he´s right !

A month ago two students have been courtmarshalled for downloading shitloadz of music from imesh, why ? Simply because its being processed as stealing and breaking music protection corporations (for example, BUMA, a dutch music right protection agency, explicitly states thats its not legal to obtain a digital music file without purchasing the cd).

When people get suid for it, its a small hint that should make you aware that it is stealing that WE are doing and that it is ILLEGAL.

bass: *ignore* / u´r right

PS: to the flamer, you say people (bassman) replies to you with name calling, I state a lot of ***´s in your post... what does that say ?

(love, peace and understanding... PLEASE!)

Originally posted by neonak And to end this lovely discussion: he´s right !

(love, peace and understanding... PLEASE!)
Yeah we kind of beat this to death. But at least it went that way instead of going into discussions of how and where to download music- thereby jeopardizing the board. Yeah I can admit it would be a remote possibility that anything would happen by discussing it, but why chance it? We got a good community going here. Don't ya think??

Originally posted by neonak When people get suid for it, its a small hint that should make you aware that it is stealing that WE are doing and that it is ILLEGAL.

actually....you can sue anybody for anything. however, are you going to win? chances are...no because 90% of lawsuits are settled out of court. in this day and age people DO sue for everything... just because you get sued for something does not automatically make you liable or in the wrong. it does not mean you are doing anything illegal. it just means that someone (the plaintiff) wants money. and of course, who doesn't want more money...

its all about the dollar. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by BassRacer so where does everyone get there mp3's from thats all i asked about not legal or not legal reason y ur not suppose to.
OMG did you not read any of the other posts in this thread??? There is absolutely no hope for you man.

i use kazaa lite, kazaa is the same thing with ad's...and yes, if you want quality buy the cd, but you can find good quality on kazaa if you look for it...

Originally posted by mattj even the highest quality mp3s is not 1/3 of what the actual album is...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.