Best Pioneer HU

• Pioneer Premier P960MP

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Pioneer Premier P860MP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pioneer 889PRS

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
Choices aren't up yet, but I'd have to say either the P9 or ODR combo as Pioneer's best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the 880 is the way to go. if you want SQ w/o all the lights and gimmicks then go with the 880.

also one thing the 880 has over the 2 others is the independent l/r eq. makes it easier to get a more focused center image and just a better sound stage in general.

lol... What about the new pioneer deck 800prs??
it's pretty much the same as the 880, but it's black, has a copper plated chassis, and i guess can use HD radio(whatever HD radio is). there is also talk of it having a usb hookup without an extra adapter. i see no real difference to spend 100 more for it.

i have been running the 960 since its come out and i love the thing. it does have the occasional problem with internal ribbon cables, but it you have a bit of patience and are careful you can replace those yourself. first time i had the service center do it and it ran me close to two hundred dollars. I found out its less than 50 for the two ribbons straight from pioneer.

I would go with whatever is cheaper and whichever one you think looks better. The 880 has more tuning options but you might not even use them. The 6.5v pre-outs are a waste to compare and will NOT result in any noticeable difference. They both have a pretty low output resistance (this is actually important when looking at pre-outs) so you're really not going to notice a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...