Best Pair of 10's for a DC 2.0k?

gckless
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Antonio
I'm looking to buy some new 10's. Running off a DC 2.0k at 1ohm, will be either ported or a PR box, and will have about 3 cubic feet after displacements to work with, though can be smaller. Budget of about $600 for the pair. I'm looking for SQ over SPL, but I am still looking for good output (reason for the 1 ohm). I have been looking at PSI's and DC level 3's. I wanted to try a Fi Q, but with an RMS of 1500W, would I even get those to move well? Any recommendations are welcome, I have realized I know next to nothing lol.

Also what are some things I need to do to get 10's to dig low? I'm hoping to tune to around 30-32Hz.

my xfls will do exactly what you want and they are half your budget. pm me if interested. they are new styles about 3 months old

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Nice amp. I'd go dc subs
so why did you buy an xfl from me

my xfls will do exactly what you want and they are half your budget. pm me if interested. they are new styles about 3 months old 

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

so why did you buy an xfl from me
I like my xfl. Hits good numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I guess I should have asked this first:

In your opinion, which would be better, 2 weaker 10's, something like PSI Platform 1's or DC Level 3's, or 1 beefier 12, like a Fi Q, DC Level 4, or PSI Platform 2? Those are just examples, and I'm open to anything. I don't have the space for 2 12's. I have a new RE SXX 12" now that I snagged really cheap, and it's not horrible, but it's not great, it only handles half of my amplifier's output, and I want to build a new box anyway to rearrange my trunk. Figured it would be a perfect time to upgrade.

Sorry for all the confusion. I don't really know exactly what I want to do or how to do it, but I know I want to upgrade, and I want to make good informed decisions. Some things are coming up in the near future, and I may not have extra cash again for my car for a little while, so this might be it for some time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So, I got to make it good!

I am trying to get something better than Type R's. I have also heard 2 10's, and I'm confident I can get something better.

Yeah 2 10's would have more cone area, but I am wondering if the 12 I get would be the better option because it would be a better quality sub.

So I think these are my choices:

For 10's:

- PSI Platform 1

- DC Level 3

- Fi SSD

- SSA ICON

For a 12:

- PSI Platform 2

- DC Level 4

- Fi Q

- Fi BL

- SSA XCON

All of these subs would get upgraded as needed to handle the wattage the 2k is throwing at them. Most are rated just a bit under, so a couple cooling and spider options are all that they would need, rather go to the next model.

I still don't know which size would be better. From a construction standpoint, the 12 would be easier. As far as sound, the 10's may edge out slightly, as they have more cone area. But they will be a lower quality sub, and the beefier 12 will have more Xmax, so I would probably not notice much of an SPL difference I'm assuming. The 12 will be a higher quality subwoofer model, so it may have the upper hand in SQ. It's also possible that I will get less distortion with the 10's.

So basically what I am saying is I have no idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But I do know I need to figure out which size I should use before I choose subs. Thoughts?

check out my pair of RF t2's for sale, they would match up nicely
Sorry, not interested. Not because of the subs, they look good, and glws. But there is a HUGE RF fanboy around here, who also happens to be a giant tool, and I really want to shut him down with something different. He actually has the same sub, 1 12". His box and amp is a POS, so it shouldn't be real hard. But that comes second to what I want to accomplish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.