Best of Both Worlds???

MonteC72
10+ year member

Just as im about to decide on the new L5's or the Memphis M3's someone posts about the memphis's being loud but lackin good SQ...

So basically here im looking for a sub that is going to give me SPL along wit decent SQ. Anyone out there got ne ideas... im willing to spend about 250-300 on them ... so i hope someone can help me...

What I would do, given $300...is to get a single 12" or 15", and build/buy a low tuned ported enclosure, tuned somewhere around 27 to 30Hz to maximize SQ while providing 3dB theoretical output over a sealed system. Oh wait...that is what I did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

IF your pardox is between the M3 and the kicker sub i would go with the Memphis they are a great sub and i have two of them SQ is great and i'm hitting in the high140'S good for both world like you said.

Thanx for the opinions... Yea i was planning on gettin two 12's or 2 15's...probably will go with memphis now though...cuz i got everything to match the subs if i go that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.