Best inexpensive class d amp ?

rumdada
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys been out the game for a while put in a system last year with a fsd audio fa 1200d amp and 2 American audio xfl 12s.

My amps been cutting out and making my subs pulsate when I turn it up it’s been good for over a year now I lowered the gain and it’s still happening.

Long story short what would be a good amp to power these subs ?

Looking for something fairly inexpensive.

Thanks in advanced

I would be more concerned about pulsating subs/getting your issue fixed 1st. Because I can guarantee you, changing amps isn't gonna fix the problem if that's your intention. Could be as simple as a bag ground causing the issue. You said you lowered the gain....which tells me you don't know how to set the gain properly to match HU. Where is the gain set now? Describe it as numbers on a clock.

What is your electrical like? Is the big 3 done? Need more info.

I would be more concerned about pulsating subs/getting your issue fixed 1st. Because I can guarantee you, changing amps isn't gonna fix the problem if that's your intention. Could be as simple as a bag ground causing the issue. You said you lowered the gain....which tells me you don't know how to set the gain properly to match HU. Where is the gain set now? Describe it as numbers on a clock.
What is your electrical like? Is the big 3 done? Need more info.
Actually that's exactly what one of my CAB's did when it died from vibration... Might or might not be the problem... best troubleshoot it first like you said... could be anything

cab 1600.1
Powerful, Cheap and Versatile...(It can handle low impedance with strong electrical)... I had problems with one due to mounting it on a F'd-up box that I built while disabled... the box separated internally and the vibration caused it to start playing this weird 10hz death note... loud... I warrantied it with no problems and they are still going strong... yes, I'm a fan!

the belva maybe best for the xfl's since they actually take some power and we know the 5k actually does over 2k rms (i forget exact test #) big blank should know.. this is if u have the electrical for it big 3 wires and all if not u may should stick with xtr ppi or sq 1200 $219 right now.. get that dc 2k if he'll give u a deal..

The DC 2k does not make 2500@1... nor does it make 3k at 0.5

And no, an amp dyno showing burst power at 0.5 reactive is not the same thing. Especially since 0.5 reactive will protect 99% of amps (if you are lucky)

The DC 2k does not make 2500@1... nor does it make 3k at 0.5
And no, an amp dyno showing burst power at 0.5 reactive is not the same thing. Especially since 0.5 reactive will protect 99% of amps (if you are lucky)
Wow.. kinda like claiming the CAB does 4000+ at .5 ohm from watching the vids huh?.. more like around 2000 maybe a little more... sellers, dyno watchers and salesman tend to claim inflated numbers... I'd be surprised if I was getting even 3000 clamped from those cabs at 1 ohm strapped...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.