Best HDTV for about $1200-$1400?

Toshiba REGZA 42" 1080p LCD... Next best thing behind the Samsung which is like 500$ more..
x2 on the Toshiba...my aunt's father-in-law owns a small town TV store and repair shop. He sells Sony, Toshiba, and Samsung. When I went to get a TV the Toshiba was in the middle of the other 2 brands, and I actually liked it more than the Samsung. It was also cheaper than both of the others, and the out-of-the-box picture is GREAT...doesn't require much tweaking.

Sharp Aquos 42" LCD

does 1080p with an amazing picture. HD is amazing on this TV. Like night and day. I own one.

My $.02

Trey

PS - I think theyre on a huge sale now on them like $900 too so jump on that!!!

So everyone knows Samsung makes Sony LCD's... I think it was that LG makes Phillips LCD's as well, and Toshiba just makes Toshiba...

Samsung= Best picture hands down...

Toshiba= Second best picture, w/ a moderate price

All the others are pretty much the same, but are mostly much cheaper... Personally after buying my 1080p Regza 42" I would like to return it and get a 46" in 720p for 900$... Heres my advice..

DON'T buy 1080p unless you have allot of money.. There is no need... Seriously? Are you going to buy an HD DVD player, HD DVDs all new calbes, pay for HD channels on Cable etc... It's SO expensive... Right now I am running Xbox in 720p and movies in 480i... Iam also just getting an up-convert DVD player... So really it's not true HD. Anyways thats my take on it...

Increadible deal on a Toshiba

My TV! The bigger one is a better deal if you have the money though..

Yaeh...

Best bet for a "cheap" 1080p...

IF you have room.. GO FOR IT!

For the size, the bigger the better...it's going into a fairly large room. And as for not going to HD DVD, I have a 360 HD DVD player that I got for Christmas last year, so that's a not a huge deal. I'd just run my current DVD player in 480p, and then hook up the HD DVD player too. Also, how do warranties work when you're buying a TV online? I'm used to going into a store, buying the set, and then getting the warranty through the store.

Before you buy I highly recommend you take a look at the JVC LCOS tvs from their 56" up to the 72" the picture is absolutely amazing. No motion blur or ghosting, no rainbow effect. True blacks look black and not grey, though the new pioneer is supposed to helped that problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.