Best ground question

Rocky213
10+ year member

South FL
Hey guys, ive been out of the game for a while. But im trying to see what would be the best ground for the extra front battery in a chevy tahoe. I circled them in blue, any opinions are appreciated

Attachments

• 0FD91BC7-6BEB-4AA6-8D5C-CA37138E92E9.jpeg
    0FD91BC7-6BEB-4AA6-8D5C-CA37138E92E9.jpeg
    639.1 KB · Views: 46
Hey guys, ive been out of the game for a while. But im trying to see what would be the best ground for the extra front battery in a chevy tahoe. I circled them in blue, any opinions are appreciated
One Ground wire to Frame, One ground to Engine Block Power from Alt to Fist Battery and from Poss post First Battery to Poss post to Second battery. . Ground on 1st battery same. Be Big 3 on both batteries done correctly with 0 ga wire or 1/0 ga.Use 2nd Battery First for Audio supply

Depending on the year, there is a big "GND" stamped on your engine block below the alternator. There are some bolts near there you can use. If you're willing to run cable to the driver side of the engine bay anyway, you could just ground directly on the negative of the factory battery. All other locations lead there eventually. Definitely do big 3 if you haven't.

Thanks for the replies guys, for real i missed ya’ll. Im gona be using 1/0 g throughout. Im just gona use both and have a run going from the alternator case the ground closest to the battery and then from there a run to the battery. So i wont have to many wires going to battery

What size is the Supply wiring? What is it Supplying? is that OFC or CCA wiring.
One Ground wire to Frame, One ground to Engine Block Power from Alt to Fist Battery and from Poss post First Battery to Poss post to Second battery. . Ground on 1st battery same. Be Big 3 on both batteries done correctly with 0 ga wire or 1/0 ga.Use 2nd Battery First for Audio supply

Why do you say Pos alt to Pos post on 1st battery ? Why not use 2nd battery to connect to Alt pos, since its going to be the one feeding the runs to the back.

But the 2nd battery up front would be grounded to engine block and chasis as well. The tahoe has 2 places for the batt up front. Would i be able to run the alt to 2nd battery ? Both batts would be connected together obviously

But the 2nd battery up front would be grounded to engine block and chasis as well. The tahoe has 2 places for the batt up front. Would i be able to run the alt to 2nd battery ? Both batts would be connected together obviously
You are connecting an extra battery not a second battery if that helps. When talking about wiring, the first battery is the one connected to the alternator first and normally is the closest to the alternator. Your confusion lies with labeling the new battery as the "second battery." It's just a battery which you now have two. Yes hook positive from the alternator to first battery pos (the one closest to your alternator), then pos of first battery to positive of 2nd battery in your chain. Hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...