Best enclosure for 1 18" Solo X?? Advice Needed!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Masterman_713

TX
I have a 1 18" Solo X. I've been doing research on the best enclosure box specs but couldn't find a proper answer. I've seen 5.5 cubes atleast, 8cubes ported, and all different types of specs.

I have a wagon and I will have my back seats flip down or taken out. How much cubes would you guys recommend for me to do ported to get the most out of the Solo X SPL? I was thinking about having atleast two 6" Flares firing to the back of the trunk to get the most SPL out of it from my research.

What would you guys recommend on box specs??

Reply asap. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks !!

40hz tuning is nasty loud with these. I'd go minimum 6 cube (keeping in mind it's the cone area of 2 round 15's). pair of 6" aero ports is probably adequate, more would be better. Make sure you brace the hell out of that box and double-baffle the front.

8KW will fry that sub in a hurry. They're good for 3KW continuous, 5K will make them smell funy very quickly.

40hz tuning is nasty loud with these. I'd go minimum 6 cube (keeping in mind it's the cone area of 2 round 15's). pair of 6" aero ports is probably adequate, more would be better. Make sure you brace the hell out of that box and double-baffle the front.
8KW will fry that sub in a hurry. They're good for 3KW continuous, 5K will make them smell funy very quickly.
Wow, you think 8kw wil fry it only for burps? I just want to use the Solo X for burps only. Do you think a 8" Aero port extended would be good enough or will I need more than that?? I want the most out of the Solo X that I can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently built an enclosure for a Hummer H2 with one x18 powered by two ZX2500.1's. 1 to each voice coil @2ohm. I built the box to kicker Specs at 10 cu ft with a rectangular port that is 25"w X12LX9Deep. with the port on the face with the woofer. I used dual 1" MDF to make the box 2" thick. And put baffles staggered on the inside. Don't forget to brake in the woofer!

Might hold 8K for burp (3-5 seconds). The "reccomended" SPL box on the Kicker site is 10cube IIRC. Seems about right. I'd tune 45 or higher for the meter.

Definitely brace the box well. Single 8" flared port sounds a bit small for true SPL for that woofer/box. A pair of 8" round ports won't displace that much tuned high in a 10foot box. You can buy 6 foot of 8" sono tube at Lowes or Home Depot or whatever for 7$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.