best dash speakers

I have a 1993 Chevy P'UP, and I need to replace the dash speakers. I know they are 4x6's and most people are not high on those. However, I just want to stay with the original size. I have been looking at the infinity Kappas, but would like some feed back from other who know more than I do. Thanks in advance.

Sonic had some image dynamics 4x6 plate speakers pretty inexpensively (like 30 bucks). They would be a good choice. The drivers side may or may not fit though. The drivers side opening is alittle more cramped than the passengers side. What ever you choose try to isolate the front of the speaker from the rear as best you can.

Doing the component set..all you would need is some abs plastic sheets(pretty cheap) and cover the 4x6 hole up and cut new hole for the 4",and for the tweeter(if you do not want to drill screws to hold the tweets down) You can buy some EXTREME VELCRO (not cheap velcro) this EXTREME Velcro from Home Depot or Lowes, and place the fuzzy portion on the pillar or door or dash? and place the sharp portion/teeth grabbing portion on the tweeter base and that tweet will never move,even if you go 4x4ing that joker will stay on.

Doing the component set..all you would need is some abs plastic sheets(pretty cheap) and cover the 4x6 hole up and cut new hole for the 4",and for the tweeter(if you do not want to drill screws to hold the tweets down) You can buy some EXTREME VELCRO (not cheap velcro) this EXTREME Velcro from Home Depot or Lowes, and place the fuzzy portion on the pillar or door or dash? and place the sharp portion/teeth grabbing portion on the tweeter base and that tweet will never move,even if you go 4x4ing that joker will stay on.
What brand component set would you recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.