Best Components, Which have you heard?

If money is not a concern....the only comps that I've NEVER seen ONE bad review on are Rainbow Platinums......I have a set on the way..

the DLS iridiums sound awesome, i lvoe the way tehy sound, also i love rainbow soundlines they sound awesome strong midbass a smooth tweet. I really liked the type X set the setup i heard its mid was really strong tweet was a little to quiet tho. If you really wanna sound great i think going custom would be the way to go. Getting a nice active set would prolly b your best bet

what kind of money we talkin about here?

The non active set can be had for $1900-$2200.....which is the set I'm getting. 6spdcoupe on here is a dealer.... When it comes to the Platinums it don't get much better then that....IMO.. Its like I said I've searched every forum known and haven't seen one single bad review on the Platinums.... They are also considered one of the BEST off axis speakers known. I will have my set by Friday and like you I've tried just about every comp known...lol... I loved the Focal Utopia's the best and still would have them if I didn't accidentally ruin them... I've been searching for replacements ever since....finally I decided to stop blowing money and just spend the money and get the best I can afford... I've done so much research on the Platinums this past year its ridiculous.. "Once you got Plats there is NO going back". LINK http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/introduction.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=2

Another suggestion is that once you get the set you like then go have your system put on a RTA and get it tuned for a flat repsonse to get rid of the harshness you experience..

For $2000, I hope there's no going back:) but I also haven't heard any thing bad about the Platinums. I've not read any negative reviews on the Seas Lotus Reference either, if you have direct me to them because I have a set coming Friday;)

Another suggestion is that once you get the set you like then go have your system put on a RTA and get it tuned for a flat repsonse to get rid of the harshness you experience..
put on RTA? get it tuned? Im so lost here? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I have had a few good ones..

DLS Iridiums

3 Sets of Focals KPs and Utopias

Diamond S600s

Type R's

but I still like My Rainbow CMX's..

If I listened to full time rock, then I would get Focals again..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and it sounds great playing on my CDT HD-62s. Great mid-bass, even though I haven't deadened my doors yet. No harshness from my mids after I adjusted my eq. I just need to find a better location for my tweets than my dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.