Best Components (no budget) mixing with 3 JL tw3s, everything is too bright....!

F150Bass

colorado
Heyoo

Trying to finally put in sound proofing and better speakers to pair with my three 10in JL tw3s

S-Crew 2016 F150 Platinum

Probably going to run them off a JL HD600/4 just to match my JL sub setup

What are some of the best SQ and loudest components for the front doors? I need a large increase in top end volume and want to shy away from anything SHARP or bright.

The tweeter is mounted on the column like most trucks

Ran focals hated them, ran JL C5s, hated them. Everything is super bright and "SSSS" nosies and high tweeter sounds hurt my ears and make my teeth cringe.

Ive heard Hertz makes some good speakers? Any suggestions? Willing to change the amp too

What are the competition guys running???

THANKS

Have you considered sound processing? Are you using the factory head unit and how are you getting your signal? Clean and clear signal can do wonders to calm the tweets. Also running active to give yourself more control. When you didn't like the other speakers how were they ran? Passive crossover from a LOC?

The brightness comes from the install. Either move the tweeters off axis, find a way to minimize reflections, or get tuning power.

We run good installs and processing power and months of tuning.

Heyoo
Trying to finally put in sound proofing and better speakers to pair with my three 10in JL tw3s

S-Crew 2016 F150 Platinum

Probably going to run them off a JL HD600/4 just to match my JL sub setup

What are some of the best SQ and loudest components for the front doors? I need a large increase in top end volume and want to shy away from anything SHARP or bright.

The tweeter is mounted on the column like most trucks

Ran focals hated them, ran JL C5s, hated them. Everything is super bright and "SSSS" nosies and high tweeter sounds hurt my ears and make my teeth cringe.

Ive heard Hertz makes some good speakers? Any suggestions? Willing to change the amp too

What are the competition guys running???

THANKS
that's from reflecting properties of the cabin and poor acoustics. my car is TERRIBLE i have to cut 6db. if you lean up towards the dash you can here its amplifying the signals. best think i can suggest is getting a good Eq/processor.

focals are bright but they sound awesome with some tuning.

mount your tweeters higher facing you(avoid facing it at hard objects) and angled DOWN its going to sound much better around 2500 where the sibilance occurs..

But im with the others. Blaming the tweet is the wrong place to start. Tuning and processing are critical. Im an spl guy, but did do meca sq for awhile just to challenge myself.... after a season of fine tuning, my midlevel rainbow tweets sounded amazing. As did my PE morel buyouts in the doors

Thanks for the info

its off the stock HU, im open to tuning and processing for sure. Honestly now its running the stock speakers so something needs done regardless.

The C5s were running thru a crossover w -4bd set for the tweeters.

I agree that the positioning *****. Not sure I can do much about that tho. Im not gonna cut holes in the vinyl of a 60k$ truck

What DSP or similar would you guys reccommnd ?

Thanks for the info

its off the stock HU, im open to tuning and processing for sure. Honestly now its running the stock speakers so something needs done regardless.

I agree that the positioning *****. Not sure I can do much about that tho. Im not gonna cut holes in the vinyl of a 60k$ truck

With a stock HU. Not many good options. You need input EQ to override the stock EQ curve.

Hertz H8 hasn't been out long and it's pretty cheap.

JL FiX/TwK combo

Helix DSP has a few bands of input EQ

Audison BIT 10 and 1

A used MS-8 but they no longer supply parts.

With a stock HU. Not many good options. You need input EQ to override the stock EQ curve. Hertz H8 hasn't been out long and it's pretty cheap.

JL FiX/TwK combo

Helix DSP has a few bands of input EQ

Audison BIT 10 and 1

A used MS-8 but they no longer supply parts.
That Hertz h8 looks pretty nice. And the price isn't bad at all. Way less than I thought it would be

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info

yeah the issue with your stuff sounding like sh*t is soley because of the stock head unit. complete garbage processing inside stock head units. All your speakers you've chosen would have sounded amazing in a proper install and tune with proper processing. The stock head unit has a built in EQ curve that boosts stuff to make up for the low quality speakers they use and have horrible low quality audio convertors so the sound is pretty sh*t from the get go.

Changing speakers and hoping one works with the stock head unit's built in EQ curve is the worst way to blow money and is the most incorrect way to get good sound. Losisatool already named some of the good ones. If you want something simple wait till rockford fosgate releases their DSR-1 which is a simple plug and play with the IDATA link maestro which is compatible with your 2016 F150. Its not as advanced as the other processors but it still does a majority of what the other processors do while having MUCH better integration with your factory head unit with an idata link maestro connection.

DSR1 - 8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module | Rockford Fosgate®

I like the higher end JL components if you want to stay with JL, otherwise JBL has a solid lineup in a few price ranges. That said, good source, proper deadening and sealing mounting locations, and processing + 200$ components will beat 2000$ snobophile components in stock locations with no processing every day of the week.

awesome replies guys thanks alot!!

I think im either gonna go with the JL FiX and TwK or the upcoming rockford fosgate option.

Any major differences between the two? I wouldnt mind keeoing all JL stuff unless the "integration" with the rockford would provide superior sound?

Changing HU isnt really an option for me. its integrated with so many things and looks great as is.

Thanks alot guys keep any fresh ideas coming

awesome replies guys thanks alot!!
I think im either gonna go with the JL FiX and TwK or the upcoming rockford fosgate option.

Any major differences between the two? I wouldnt mind keeoing all JL stuff unless the "integration" with the rockford would provide superior sound?

Changing HU isnt really an option for me. its integrated with so many things and looks great as is.

Thanks alot guys keep any fresh ideas coming
The fix is the best wipe out DSP on the market. BUT it like all the others except mine only wipe one set volume. You have to use its remote or the TwK remote to control volume.

Set the HUs volume around 3/4 then leave it alone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.