best components for under $200

slick rick
10+ year member

OG
im looking for some 6.5" components to match my soon to be new pioneer 8500. i may be possibly hooking up an amp to these components, but for now they will be run off the h/u. what are some good models to pick for less than $200? i will be buying off ikesound so they will be cheaper.

I have the kappas you posted, and would buy the CDTs instead. In fact, I bought the CDTs first, but due to being a deeper speaker, they would not fit. I only got the kappas because they are shallow. I still feel bad that the CDTs didn't fit, even though the Kappas are ok.

I have the kappas you posted, and would buy the CDTs instead. In fact, I bought the CDTs first, but due to being a deeper speaker, they would not fit. I only got the kappas because they are shallow. I still feel bad that the CDTs didn't fit, even though the Kappas are ok.

i doubt they will fit in my maxima either. but what makdes the cdt's better and why does everyone on this site love them? im disappointed now about the kappas, what do you not like about them, and whats your setup?

Tweeters are a bit brite. Midrange lacks decent midbass. Running the kappas off a 60x4 Kenwood amp.

Why does everyone love CDT speakers? Because they are amazing speakers.

Tweeters are a bit brite. Midrange lacks decent midbass. Running the kappas off a 60x4 Kenwood amp.
Why does everyone love CDT speakers? Because they are amazing speakers.
i dont mind bright tweeters and mid-bass is not a big factor for me because i have 10's. can the cdt's be run off just a h/u?

i dont mind bright tweeters and mid-bass is not a big factor for me because i have 10's. can the cdt's be run off just a h/u?
you will get noticeably less SQ running components off your HU...in fact...if u get components and run it off ur HU it kind of defeats the purpose to me. Also, i would HIGHLY recommend the CDT's over the infinities ANY day. It's simple...nothing in the cl-61a's price range can touch it...also, for less than $200 consider the CDT HD-CF on thezeb.com peace

NG

I have a set of the CDT 6.5" coax I was using for rear fill . They play amazing off just HU power . Really amazing sounding speakers for there cheapest set ! Look to have the same cone material as my HDs . They are forsale if your interested for $40+ ship .

If you can't afford to amp them, then just wait till you have enough.

Or buy a basic set of coax speakers to get you by till you can get what you really want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.