Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ID CTX-6.5cs

• ID CXS64 v.2

• Hertz HSK-165

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
1. Set the delay of the farthest speaker from the desired listening position tozero.

2. Measure, in inches, and record the distance from the desired listening

position to the farthest speaker. This is your baseline measurement.

3. Measure, in inches, and record the distance from the listening position to

each of the remaining speakers. Each speaker should correspond to a

channel of the output from the head unit

4. Subtract the distance of the baseline speaker from each of the other

speakers (for a given channel of the head unit) and record that value (these

will all be negative values).

5. Divide each of these differences by 13.52 (value at 68°F) to set the required

delay settings in msec for each of the remaining speakers. The exact

speaker path length differences will appear for each channel as you enter

the msec delay value.

NOTE: The value of 13.52 varies with temperature, a chart is given at the

end of this discussion listing values to be used with different

temperatures. The error in the this value is at the most 5% between

temperatures of 50°F to 100°F.

For example: The baseline speaker (farthest away) measures 60 inches. The LT

(left tweeter) measures 20 inches. The difference is 20-60=-40 inches. The delay

time correction is -40/13.52 which equals a delay setting of -2.96 mS (a setting of

2.96 will be entered into the head unit channel for the LT speaker.

Temperature Correction Factor

50°F 13.29

60°F 13.42

70°F 13.55

80°F 13.67

90°F 13.80

100°F 13.92

110°F 14.05

Note different speaker crossover settings will also affect time correction. You'll need to listen to a music disk where the singer is dead center and retune till the vocals are dead center. Dont be afraid to use EQ with minor 1 or 2 db boosts or a lot of cuts to achieve a better sound stage and detail, just leave the bass frequencies alone. Your setup should sound amazing once you get those hertz in all tuned up along with your doors deadened.
Yeah I watched some vids on how to do it. That's essentially what Iwas planning on doing but I'm going to have to add 10 ms or so of delay post tuning to everything besides the sub since it physically responds later than everything. Might be an amp issue. I've really got to deaden and ccf all over my car more it rattles more every day.

Jakerrr, where did you end up getting your Hertz HSK-165 set from? I want to get this set but I would like to get a legitimate set. It sounds like there are a lot of fake ones out there.

Yep, just messed around with it a few hours ago. Totally solved my sub hitting too late problem. I'll measure my speaker distances and try to get it just right at some point but right now I just set it so front left is slightly later than front right is later than rear left......> rear right and subs are several ms ahead of everything and it does sound better. The sub being fairly in sync with everything now really is a massive upgrade in sound quality.
Precision time alignment using only noise tracks and your ears - CarAudioForum.com

make sure you level match first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...