• ID CXS64 v.2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hertz HSK-165

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Running 450w at 4 ohm, per side. Bridging the PPI P900.4. Gain will surely be turned down. Amp only does 145w at 4 ohms per ch unbridged and I'd like to get the most out of the amp as I will not be running rears. If anyone can suggest a better set than these 6, please let me know. I'm planning on buying in the next 12 hours or so as I don't want to linger on this anymore haha. Budget: $400, want very loud with great sound, if that's possible with $400. Thanks in advance.

http://cdtdealer.com/cl_series/cl62.php

MEZZO SERIES 6.5" 2 Way Component Set - 1800woofers.com

Polk Audio MM651 6.5" Mobile Monitor MM Car Speakers

Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs 6.5" CTX Component Speakers

Image Dynamics CXS64 v.2 6.5" Chameleon Component Speakers

http://www.amazon.com/Hertz-HSK-165-Hi-Energy-Component/dp/B001KOYXGC

Edit: I probably should have specified I'm looking for good value as well. If I can get something for $250 that's barely inferior to a $400 set, that would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that budget you can get CDT MX-261F. You can upgrade it to a 3-way set by adding a small midrange in the future. This set will play loudly and sound awesome. If you order this morning I can have it shipped today.

MX-Designs Home Page 1 > Click on 2-Way Systems

With that budget you can get CDT MX-261F. You can upgrade it to a 3-way set by adding a small midrange in the future. This set will play loudly and sound awesome. If you order this morning I can have it shipped today. MX-Designs Home Page 1 > Click on 2-Way Systems
That says 6.7 inch. Wouldn't that not fit 6.5 holes? And apparently my car is very odd sized anyway and you can only fit 6.5's with adapters. 6.75" and the like are "too small" at least that's what people say on the EVOM Lancer forum.

That Hertz set is not in the same league as the others you listed.
So are all the others, though. The Hertz is only rated for 125 rms and the cdt's are like 190rms but I was just seeing if anyone had heard these or heard anything bad or good about them to help me make a decision. I'm really trying to have these at my door by Thursday of next week.

Edit: I probably should have specified I'm looking for good value as well. If I can get something for $250 that's barely inferior to a $400 set then that would be awesome.

So are all the others, though. The Hertz is only rated for 125 rms and the cdt's are like 190rms but I was just seeing if anyone had heard these or heard anything bad or good about them to help me make a decision. I'm really trying to have these at my door by Thursday of next week.

Edit: I probably should have specified I'm looking for good value as well. If I can get something for $250 that's barely inferior to a $400 set then that would be awesome.
having owned higher end CDT before and hearing plenty of hertz setups, I'd take hertz over cdt anyday. RMS does not mean louder. Hertz gets loud and sounds good. Second choice would be image dynamics. My 4 inch ctx coaxials get a lot louder than some 6.5s and 6x9s out there.

having owned higher end CDT before and hearing plenty of hertz setups, I'd take hertz over cdt anyday. RMS does not mean louder. Hertz gets loud and sounds good. Second choice would be image dynamics. My 4 inch ctx coaxials get a lot louder than some 6.5s and 6x9s out there.
I came upon these comps mainly by looking at "component recommendation" threads on several sites and looking for ones that are frequently mentioned as sounding great and loud. I like the hertz for the reputation, ID's for the value, Polk MM's for the sensitivity (94db's?!), and mezzos and cdt's for the power handling because I have a whole lot of it available.

Been googling reviews for them all and they've all been very positive except the ID's and CDT's, several people have said they just weren't impressed by them. I'm not going to entirely base my decision on something like that, though. Are the ID ctx the ones you'd recommend, or cxs?

I came upon these comps mainly by looking at "component recommendation" threads on several sites and looking for ones that are frequently mentioned as sounding great and loud. I like the hertz for the reputation, ID's for the value, Polk MM's for the sensitivity (94db's?!), and mezzos and cdt's for the power handling because I have a whole lot of it available.
Been googling reviews for them all and they've all been very positive except the ID's and CDT's, several people have said they just weren't impressed by them. I'm not going to entirely base my decision on something like that, though. Are the ID ctx the ones you'd recommend, or cxs?
If you dont want to spend too much money, the CTX or polk mms are the way to go. CXS is worth the jump sound quality wise. Hertz of you want both loud and good sounding.

That says 6.7 inch. Wouldn't that not fit 6.5 holes? And apparently my car is very odd sized anyway and you can only fit 6.5's with adapters. 6.75" and the like are "too small" at least that's what people say on the EVOM Lancer forum.
MX-261 has 6.5" woofers.

If you dont want to spend too much money, the CTX or polk mms are the way to go. CXS is worth the jump sound quality wise. Hertz of you want both loud and good sounding.
So you're saying the mm, ctx, and cxs won't be able to get loud and sound good? I'm sorta leaning towards hertz but I can get the ID's on sonicelectronics and I've always gotten my package from them within 2 or 3 days. Super fast shipping.

So you're saying the mm, ctx, and cxs won't be able to get loud and sound good? I'm sorta leaning towards hertz but I can get the ID's on sonicelectronics and I've always gotten my package from them within 2 or 3 days. Super fast shipping.
they all do the job fine, just hertz does it better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...