Best car audio battery for a budget

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
So I need a battery upgrade from my truck. I am running two SA-12s on a 2400 watt amp but it's only running about 1100 watts. I need a new main battery. I was looking at XS Power, Yellow Top, and read that Sams Club had some decent ones. So what do y'all recommend?

I have read that yellow tops have dropped in quality and can't decipher what battery is best from Sams. So I come to y'all.

Energizer AGMDuracell AGM

Orileys. AGM

Deka AGM

Juicebox

Xs power

North Star

Are all good batts that id use myself
How do I know which one will work for my needs? Like XS Power is easy because they name their batteries by the number of watts they can support. But regular car batteries are named different.

How do I know which one will work for my needs? Like XS Power is easy because they name their batteries by the number of watts they can support. But regular car batteries are named different.

Those numbers are crap. No single AGM batty is going to handle a 5,000 watt amp. Maybe for a 1second burp.

Don't get a yellow top, red tops are better for audio. Just about any agm will do ok, 's might have a slightly higher power density than a same sized no name at twice the price. For daily use just get the no name. If you are competing and have a limit on batteries and you are trying to squeeze every tenth out of it then you will want to go xs power

i just picked up a sears group 65 diehard agm (deka) for $101 dollars after a sale that was going on, im not sure if it is still going on. I checked the price friday and they where 132 which is still good for a new battery!

Thats not how electrical current works.
For example if your alternator was rated for 140-150 amps you'll see around 100 (possibly less than that) since some of that power is used to run the car (plus efficiency rating of the alternator itself). A battery advertised for over 2000 watts isn't going to change the fact that your car can only PHYSICALLY produce 100 amps of current to your audio.

The battery can help stabilize the voltage a bit and aide you during bass runs but its not magically produce power. The moment you start pulling more current that what is being produced your voltage is going to tank

Thats not how electrical current works.
For example if your alternator was rated for 140-150 amps you'll see around 100 (possibly less than that) since some of that power is used to run the car (plus efficiency rating of the alternator itself). A battery advertised for over 2000 watts isn't going to change the fact that your car can only PHYSICALLY produce 100 amps of current to your audio.

The battery can help stabilize the voltage a bit and aide you during bass runs but its not magically produce power. The moment you start pulling more current that what is being produced your voltage is going to tank
Well the alternator on my truck is 220 amps so it should be ok. So are all the batteries pretty much gonna be same for me?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.