best budget 4 ch SQ amp recommendations

Thanks for the vote of confidence. So were you actually going to make a suggestion for an amp that fits the outlined requirements, or are you just interested in strongarming me into buying your crusade for a class D amplifier? If you have a recommendation for a decent class D amplifier less than $150, then why don't you share it instead of all this bravado?
The Zapco ST is the lowest I would go. $150 is pushing it for any full range amp

That looks like a GOOD find, and I saw a new one on the web for less than $100. The screw mounting tabs look a little weird and flimsy, but by no means a deal breaker. I was actually thinking about selling my unused MB quart onx 4.60 to buy the amp recommendation in this thread. How does the Discus line compare to the Onyx series?

The Zapco ST is the lowest I would go. $150 is pushing it for any full range amp
ok, I totally understand your point of view. It seems to me that you might be making a living out of car audio competitions, or at the very least a side income. Maybe I just don't have the piles of $$$$ to burn through like you. Thanks for the constructive input. When you say Zapco ST, are you referring to the ST-4X II ? Earlier I mentioned that Zapco is probably out of my league, but maybe it isn't.

ok, I totally understand your point of view. It seems to me that you might be making a living out of car audio competitions, or at the very least a side income. Maybe I just don't have the piles of $$$$ to burn through like you. Thanks for the constructive input. When you say Zapco ST, are you referring to the ST-4X II ? Earlier I mentioned that Zapco is probably out of my league, but maybe it isn't.
I wish I made a living out of it but no. Just a enthusiast. Good power is the key. Quality will come with good power.

It will save you a lot in the long run instead of buying stuff that's iffy. Iffy kills speakers. Which will just cost more then doing it right the first time.

That looks like a GOOD find, and I saw a new one on the web for less than $100. The screw mounting tabs look a little weird and flimsy, but by no means a deal breaker. I was actually thinking about selling my unused MB quart onx 4.60 to buy the amp recommendation in this thread. How does the Discus line compare to the Onyx series?
the discus was the best budget line mb quart made imho with maxsonics. the other stuff is lower grade. they were huge forum boners a few years ago on the forum for price point like the ppi later.

Its always better to just wait a month or two for that extra 30 dollars for that extra bit of quality. clean power = long lasting system and much longer satifaction. While cheap power will always lead to another power upgrade in the future which will in the long run cost you a lot more money. The ST-4x is around 150. if you can save 30 more dollars the https://www.amazon.com/Zapco-ST-4XSQ-Studio-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B013F34IU6 is 40 whole watts more and very very stout and known for amazing SQ aka super clean power.

I know money is hard to come by but patience is a virtue. Always wait till you can spend more and buy proper stuff than buying whatever you can know that you think will work. There is a big difference in that 30 dollar jump in budget and its extremely worth it. We wont suggest anything higher or more expensive but those amps right there is a great baseline for your amplifier setup

Looking to spend somewhere around $100-150. don't need insane amounts of juice, but something that puts out between 50 to 70 watts rms... and would be the best for powering comps with Soft/silk dome tweets... Thanks.
Two 2chs?

Two 2chs?
That doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. Although I can understand it if you're stuck with front vs. rear speakers having different power tolerances, or you wanted your front stage to outshine the rears. It just seems like an additional power/ground/remote wiring BS hassle to do all that when you can simply adjust the gains on a 4 channel unit.

Although it is more work I have two new in box 2chs sq geared old school. Figured I'd offer is all bud. Good luck with the search

That doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. Although I can understand it if you're stuck with front vs. rear speakers having different power tolerances, or you wanted your front stage to outshine the rears. It just seems like an additional power/ground/remote wiring BS hassle to do all that when you can simply adjust the gains on a 4 channel unit.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I also did 2 2chs before when needing big power. But doesn't sound like you do.

Although it is more work I have two new in box 2chs sq geared old school. Figured I'd offer is all bud. Good luck with the search  

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I also did 2 2chs before when needing big power. But doesn't sound like you do.
Oh, I didn't know you had some you were trying to sell. My mistake. I'd certainly entertain the idea if the price is right. Tell me what you have. On second thought, the visual appeal of using two separate amps is a little intriguing, and makes it look like a more detailed install.

When I really think about it, I don't even know how long my hearing will last. Since I am clinically ADHD, I tend to listen more to classical symphony tunes in gridlock traffic to keep me from road rage. This and FIRST TAKE on ESPN satellite radio. So, in reality, maybe the amp I'm looking for is one that'll bring out finer details of THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA, and make Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman sound like the most succinct, explicit A#@holes in morning talk shows. Still taking suggestions.

Of all the recommendations you got, I still like the Zapco ST-4B that I recommended. For $139 and getting it from an authorized Zapco seller (there's a lot to be said about purchasing from an authorized seller), to me that sounds like the best deal. If not that, then I like the JL Audio A4300 that NSTALN offered. Having differential-balanced inputs is a nice feature to have to help keep noise down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.