Best box design sealed/ported/ or bandpass for 2010 camaro

Louiss11

I’m running a single Jl 12w6v2 D4 in a 1.25 sealed 1000/1 jl monoblock amp Lc2 high low stock hu

It sounds ok but I’m looking for a louder boomier sound. I like the low frequencies.

Does anyone have a good setup for a 2010 camaro? Demensions? I have the materials to build it.

Or should I just build a bigger box. Would it be louder if the sub face down, I’ll add space for it, upward, to the front, or back. Thank you!

@Silkrider20 has a camaro with a nice sub and ported box and he just started learning how to sketch up boxes so maybe he can help u.. his name won't go up right but i'll send him a pm..

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']@Silkrider20 has a camaro with a nice sub and ported box and he just started learning how to sketch up boxes so maybe he can help u.. his name won't go up right but i'll send him a pm..[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much!

In trunk cars sub back port back usually works the best unless you are walling off the trunk and or chasing numbers.
What does this mean? English please lol

Should the sub face the back seat or to the rear?

Should the port face the back seat or the the rear?

Jeff mentioned something about factory head units sending very little in the way of subwoofer level bass signals due to limitations of the factoey door speakers. Are your subs getting a proper signal?

Another stock HU victim. It won't send a clean signal vs an aftermarket HU.

You want boomier bass, a ported enclosure is the way to go with that sub. Could try that and see how you like it or buy a new sub or 2.

What does this mean? English please lol
Should the sub face the back seat or to the rear?

Should the port face the back seat or the the rear?
he's saying subs and port face rear of car is normally best unless u are competing

I looked at a big ported.... looks like the power handling goes south with your power above 1.58 ft3 net... tricky slot too... I'd stick to a aero if I could... that IS a slash jl/1000 correct?... either way you should port it to get them lower notes louder... that W6 sure don't like a big box AND big power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.