best blue ray player under $300

ok so why do i need wireless?
YOu dont need it, but for web enabled content and for updates your gonna have to run a wire from your router to your player

there are LOTS of firmware updates to play BR discs, and they come out quite frequently.

ok so ..... i really dont care about the web content on the movies .. i just want to watch the **** movie .. lol so i would have to unplug the player from the living room and take it to the computer room to plug it in to the ethernet cable to update? ...

a family member of mine recently purchased the sony 550 or the 500, whichever is the newest and it is pretty BA. It has upconvert for dvd's and is an all around good unit. However it is a bit out the price range you want to spend. i vote for the ps3 though. if i can ever afford to get a new tv thats what i plan to do

ok so ..... i really dont care about the web content on the movies .. i just want to watch the **** movie .. lol so i would have to unplug the player from the living room and take it to the computer room to plug it in to the ethernet cable to update? ...
you have to have it connected to a TV and ethernet to do updates.

if you dont care about the extras, why not just go with a Standard Def dvd.... a cheap BR player is about like buying a base model mercedes.... sure it looks cool on the outside, but its missing all the parts that matter

i understand the updates are needed but how does it work if u dont have a router? but it seems the only thing the panasonic doesnt have is the wireless deal other then that same thing as PS3

ps3 as a blu-ray player. i wanted a blu-ray player and a the same time was kinda thinking i may like to give video gaming another try and i love it. save another hundred and do it.

and on the 27th get the best (console) 1st person shooter ever..... Killzone 2!

My good friend works with some of the best hifi equipment in the world. He put the ps3 up against many of the $1000 blu-ray players by using a specific DVD designed to test how much of a strain is put upon players by different work loads. The ps3 passed them all quite easily. The high end blu-rays players all failed at least one of the tests performed on them. He has a $150,000 sound system in his home and uses a ps3 as his bluray player. He actually has three of them, one on each of his systems, and doesn't even play games.

as said before spend the bit extra on a PS3

plays games

plays blu-rays

built in wireless so you dont have to worry about hooking up cord to it

Built in internet browser, you can watch hulu/youtube from the PS3

Stream audio form your PC to stereo

stream video

best choice imo, after i got my PS3 i dont even play my 360 anymore

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.