best bang for the buck 8"s? I need 4 of them.

Bigkahuna808
10+ year member

Honolulu
I'm looking for a 8"s that gonna be harder hitting in my sealed enlosure in my subfloor. Right now I'm running 4x RE RE8 at about 1200 at 2 ohms sealed. It does slam, but I'm looking to step it up another notch. Maybe to a beefier 8".

I've been eyeing the JBLs. But what other budget buys are there? I would love DDs, sound splinters, but the money it to much. May also look at the tangbank 8s if they are still avaiable.

$100 per is still kinda rich for my blood compared to the REs. I payed about $50 per here in Hawaii. Not looking to deviate to much from that price. What's the specs on the MAs?

i would do the xe's over the xl because you dont have enough power for the xl's. the xl 8" are rated @ 400rms each but will easily handle 500+. the xe's slam...

if $100 a sub is too rich for your blood, you arent going to be able to get better than the RE in an 8" sub. CVR's maybe.

Port the RE's, they'll be much more responsive.

get either 4 jl audio w3's or 4 solo 8's both will work in .3cf to .4cf sealed really well and can out do the re8's

on a side note RE is about to release a new line of 8's ')

Dear Jason?,

Thank you for ordering USAmps/RE Audio products again and I truly sorry for this late response.

We’re in the middle of upgrading our product lines at the moment and the product(RE8D4) you ordered is out of stock and won’t be available any more. But we do have a new version of it, which called REX8D4. It’s basically as same as RE8D4, but has different packaging and slightly different look, of course performs better.

Since our records shows that you previously ordered three(3) of RE8D4, I’m wondering if you must have the same product or not.

If not, I can send you a newer REX8D4 without any extra charge(the price is a bit higher than that of RE8D4).

I’m sending you a picture of REX8D4.

Just let me know what you want us to do.
so hold out alittle longer and see what re has up there sleaves //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

get either 4 jl audio w3's or 4 solo 8's both will work in .3cf to .4cf sealed really well and can out do the re8's
on a side note RE is about to release a new line of 8's ')

so hold out alittle longer and see what re has up there sleaves //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Wished they'd have an SE 8 to compliment the SE series....that'd be badass

I may wait untill they up to the new line. I also have a ported enlousre for the 4 REs too. I run the subfloor daily so I have room for the dogs to cruise in the back of the car. I am looking to up the power to 2k, but not on the current subs.

This is what it currently looks like.

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.