Best bang 4 the buck 6 1/2" & 6x9" WITHOUT/with an amp? Father's Bday present 6/6/07

06dmax00camss
10+ year member

My father's birthday is Wednesday June 6 and I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations/opinions on what to get him. He has a 2005 Honda Accord Sedan (4 door). His front doors have 6 1/2" speakers and the rear trunk area has 6x9".

He mentioned to me that he wanted to put better speakers in the car and I figured this would be a great gift. He stated that he didn't want to do an amp, so what do you suggest/recommend on speakers that are the best bang for the buck WITHOUT/with an amp? When I state it like that, I mean what would be the best bang for the buck speakers without an amp, but would sound even better when you add an amp? I want to get him the speakers now and possibly an amp later, NOT VISE VERSA.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

SethPhillips, which particular Polks are you referring to? Series? Model number?

mike dressure, pg? I assume that's Phoenix Gold?

Blu84Rex, is the Memphis PRs an abbreviation or is that the actual name?

Will all of the speakers mentioned in this thread work ok in the '05 Honda Accord and be plug n play? I'm sure the speakers aren't going to have the matching male end of the connector to go into the factory harnesses, but the ohms are going to be good?

Did some looking around and this is what I found:

Polk db 651 60w rms - $100

Polk db 650 60w rms - $60

What's the difference between the above 2?

Polk db 690 100w rms - $90

Polk db 691 100w rms - $150

Polk MMC 690 100w rms - $180

Difference between the above 3?

JBL P953 110w rms - $200

JBL P652 75w rms - $150

What do you feel is best between the JBL Power Series, Polk db Series, and Pioneer Rev series listed above? The prices posted above are Crutchfield prices. What I'll be paying is much cheaper. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.