Best amplifier for my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cowboybill

Hello C.A community! I've been browsing these forums for past week and finally decided it was time to post.

Some background information: I'm in the process of my first sound system build taking place in a 1999 honda civic sedan. I primarily listen to electronic music such as trance and techno, along with some rock & heavy metal as well. trunk space is not an issue. I don't want the system to aim for loudness, i prefer quality and accuracy

So, I'm in possession of a Pioneer TS-SWX251 sub because a friend was selling it at an amazing price.

Pioneer TS-SWX251 Compact sealed enclosure with one 10" shallow-mount sub at Crutchfield.com

I've been doing some research and I'm convinced that a Pioneer TS-D1320C component speaker system will be a good addition to my system. I'm very open to possible alternatives but my price cap for speakers is 170$ taxes+S&H in.

TS-D1320C - 5¼" Component Speaker Package | Pioneer Electronics USA

Now my question to you enthusiasts, what amplifier do you think would best compliment my build? And what else would I need to add to the build (if anything)?

I'm not very well educated in the pro/cons of different RMS/Ohms combinations and the like. My budget for the amp is also 170$ taxes+S&H in.

Any suggestions&explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Forgot to mention the HU I already have is: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RNpQDqsyHyQ/p_130X2600UI/Pioneer-DEH-X2600UI.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a audiopipe 1500 amp on ebay cheap around 140 new

Get morel maximo components there 130 new and sound good

And for a sub a good budget sub would be a american bass xfl or a soundqubed hds300 the sub u mentioned is not a very good sub

Why this sub particularly? what specs tell you it goes well with the system? I'm asking because I would like to learn.
They are proven decent budget amps. Youll see about 900-1000 watts at 1 ohm with it. There one of the top best bangs for the buck.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

They are proven decent budget amps. Youll see about 900-1000 watts at 1 ohm with it. There one of the top best bangs for the buck.
also the sub is a good sub. Both subs are proven and budget friendly

Howdy Bill, This would be a good start for u.

Precision Power BK800.4 800W RMS 4-Channel Class A/B Black Ice Series Car Audio Amplifier* at Onlinecarstereo.com

The equip u have is indeed not the best but to suggest throwing it all away and startin over is Ludacris. This is what u have so why not give it a whirl? Being this is ur first system it will indeed be a nice step over stock sounds. Will it shake the block, well no.

Take a look at the amp Ive linked, it would do nice for the components ur considerin and juice the sub u have nicely. I cant attest to the amp personly but lots of people run them and recommend them, also its inside ur budget. A word of advice would be to buy a Quality Amplifier Wire install kit.

And if u decide to upgrade the sub later I would def recommend American Bass subs they have decent entry level subs that bang hard and the Xfl is a beast. Also Sundown E series are in "my opinion" the BEST bang for buck subs. Look for Bstock pricing on EMF. I couldn't find any flaws in the 6 bstock subs I bought.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.