Best amp for a swx 1242d?

Participant count
  • Participant list

C-Loc

I recently acquired a alpine swx 1242d. I have it in a ported box with 1.89 cubic feet of volume. It has a 1000w RMS and a 3000w max. I am planning on running it on two ohms. I'm looking to buy a amp and I wanted to know which amp would give me the most out of my sub. My friend has a alpine mrd m1005 I could buy off of him but I'm not sure. I would like any opinions on which amp I should get.

that MRD-M1005 is a nice match if you can get it for a good price ($150-200). certainly, there are larger amps you can use with a larger budget.

depends on what your goals are. it's a decent sub but nothing I would assign to SPL duty. a solid daily performer for music.

Thank you. It would be mainly just for personal use but I would still like to get the most out of it. I like powerful deep low. If you were going to go with a more powerful amp what would you recommend?

it also depends on the rest of the system.

are you using an aftermarket deck with convenient sub level controls? if not, you may want one with a bass knob, or high level inputs. certainly, a nice subsonic filter section is desired to protect it below the enclosure tuning frequency.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.