Best 5.25 speakers front/back under $600

Vega
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Chicago
My brother want to know the best 5.25 speakers front and back for under $600 with the best SQ ut still get loud. He doens't want to get any subs. He also wants to know whats the best speaker from JL and also one shop told him he could get 8'' JL woofers put in the door so he wants advice on that.

My brother want to know the best 5.25 speakers front and back for under $600 with the best SQ ut still get loud. He doens't want to get any subs. He also wants to know whats the best speaker from JL and also one shop told him he could get 8'' JL woofers put in the door so he wants advice on that.
How much depth can he manage?

Also as for JL audio... lower bang for the buck than many other little guys out there -- soundsplinter -- AA -- RE -- Dayton... others

I"m not to sure about the depth but the car is a 2K 323CI. Can you tell me any specific speaker models?

Man, Ology is your man for this, if you got the money, u got the clarity from him! Hes an awsome guy to talk to also! You wont be dissapointed.

Niether one of us have AIM but I was suggesting the Diamond Audio S500S for $259 or the D651a for $180. I was thinking those should be good enough for what he wants. He just wants some speakers with good SQ and nice bass but he thinks that anything under $600 won't be good enough.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but waheva.
You're right....you will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

You will never get decent midbass from a 5.25" woofer.

Errrrrrr. Wrong answer.

5.25" woofers can have excellent midbass and low frequency extension when setup properly.

I'd say ditch the rear fill and spend most of the money on a higher-end set of components. Then pick up a nice little 8" or 10" sub that doesn't take up much, if any, space, and a 4-channel amp to power everything.

Would be a very nice, simple, clean yet great sounding setup.

I'd say ditch the rear fill and spend most of the money on a higher-end set of components. Then pick up a nice little 8" or 10" sub that doesn't take up much, if any, space, and a 4-channel amp to power everything.
Would be a very nice, simple, clean yet great sounding setup.

Which set of components would you suggest?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.