best 12's for a bd1000.1

Go Rockford...Itll sound better if you have RF Amps...But if you ask me get two HX2 15's they would hit hard in a good ported enclosure...I had two of them and it was loud you would be happy

Originally posted by Shut Down:Go Rockford...Itll sound better if you have RF Amps...But if you ask me get two HX2 15's they would hit hard in a good ported enclosure...I had two of them and it was loud you would be happy
Huh ?? Any quality amps including the Fosgate will push any sub that presents the proper load and can handle the power,equally well. Matching brands is just a matter of cosmetics. The HX2 15's would do pretty good in a BIG ported enclosure. But The DD3500 series would walk all over the same size HX2. But they are not really in the same price range as the HX2's. I have a pair of the punch hx2 12's in my wife's car,a pair of the power HX2 15's in my daily driver. And a pair of DD9515's ( which I just finished putting in the box today
) in my comp car. Last year I ran the Power HX2's in my comp car, with the same 4 BD1500.1's I'm running the DD's with. After running some testing today. I can honestly say. The DD's will completly destroy the HX2's.

well i'm not going to use it in comps i just want the loudest sytem in town which souldn't be to hard since 95% of my competition goes by peak power instead of rms power. so they think a amp rated at 1000watts peak is just as powerful as a 1000watts rms amp.

so when you say it will completly destroy the hx2s do you mean just by spl numbers or can you really just listen to it and tell that its louder and its a lot louder since i don't really care if a sub is just louder by spl numbers and it not really noticably louder just listening to it since i'm not building a spl vehicle

oh yeah i'm putting it in a nissan sentra so i can't use 15's because its nearlly impossible to build a box that looks good. leaves trunk space and gives enough air for them to really perform better than a 12. (unlike my competition i know this)

The DD's are more efficient. And IMHO you can tell a difference by just listening. My wife usually doesn't complain. But she did today when I burped the DD's. Which by the way before any tuning hit 149.1 on my goldline spl meter on the dash.

I just mentioned the 12's due to the fact that I can honestly compare the two different companies.

But the pair of hx2 12's in my wifes car on powered by a BD1000.1. They do hit pretty hard. They are even in a sealed box. But two 12's with a 1000w is quite sufficient for a grocery getter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.