Best 12 inch sub for $125ish

Hello all, I recently bought a Kicker cvr 12 and a Orion amp that pushes 750 watts at 1 ohm. This sub just won't hit any lows to me. Is it the speakers problem or the amps? And also if I want to replace the subwoofer what is the best option I can find to handle that power at or around 125 bucks. And if it's the amp what can I get for that same price point?

Hello all, I recently bought a Kicker cvr 12 and a Orion amp that pushes 750 watts at 1 ohm. This sub just won't hit any lows to me. Is it the speakers problem or the amps? And also if I want to replace the subwoofer what is the best option I can find to handle that power at or around 125 bucks. And if it's the amp what can I get for that same price point?
Your amp is.tuned wrong.

Is there anyone on here that can suggest a good design for me to build? I have 21 inches of height available and 17 inches of width and depth available

with 17 inch depth how much depth do you have left for the sub or port to breathe?

Will I honestly gain a lot of output with this sub if I build a 2.5 cube ported box? Or better off with a different sub?
You dont have room for a 2.5 cube box with proper port area. You might have 2 cubes and low port area at best. Might have gotten more lows out of a 10" sub. cheap solution right now is to plug up your port and make it a sealed box.

That much depth would put me at just about 3-4 inches of breathing room. Not enough? I could go taller and make the box less deep? Also making the back of the box slanted to fit the seat would allow me a lot more height and depth. It is going in a 2004 jeep liberty

That much depth would put me at just about 3-4 inches of breathing room. Not enough? I could go taller and make the box less deep? Also making the back of the box slanted to fit the seat would allow me a lot more height and depth. It is going in a 2004 jeep liberty
No thats actually perfect.

21 x 17 x17 box dimensions. Sub and port facing the rear. Go to the local plumbing section of home depot and find pvc pipes that are 4 - 5 inches in Inner diameter thats at least 1 feet long. I'll tell you what length to cut it after I know the exact diameter. The bigger, the better but the inner diameter should not exceed 5.5 inches.

Bring a tape measure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.