Best 1000 watt sub for $200-300

I already have An amp its a Boston gt-1000 I already have a lethal injection 10" I really like ( the 600watt version) and am considering the new 1000 watt version but would like some input on other good subs in the 200-300 price range. I am looking for a single 12" that gets loud and is versitile I listen to all kinds of music. I am planing on putting it in 2.25 to 2.5 cubes tuned to around 32hz any input would be much appriciated

Do you think the sa would do alright on 1000 watts in that big of a box I know they can handle more than the rated power in 1.75 cube box I wasn't sure at 2.25 though

Do you think the sa would do alright on 1000 watts in that big of a box I know they can handle more than the rated power in 1.75 cube box I wasn't sure at 2.25 though
No. Box to big. That's a xfl box. Or a tantric hd box

I just went from a single OA 12 (2.5in VC-600wrms) to a SQ hds312(3in VC-1200wrms) and im very happy with the change. Most of the higher tones sound identical but i move ALOT more air in the 30-40 range. THing has like 10mm more xmax then an OA

I just went from a single OA 12 (2.5in VC-600wrms) to a SQ hds312(3in VC-1200wrms) and im very happy with the change. Most of the higher tones sound identical but i move ALOT more air in the 30-40 range. THing has like 10mm more xmax then an OA
negative ghost rider. The one way linear xmax on the HDS312 is 14mm and 28mm p-p

the OA has 20mm one way and 2.45" (62mm) p-p

I can't find the tantric md or hd any ideas where I can check them out. The xfl look good is it really oval it doesn't look like it in the pics but one discription said it was.

[quote name='Quinn88']I can't find the tantric md or hd any ideas where I can check them out. The xfl look good is it really oval it doesn't look like it in the pics but one discription said it was.[/QUOTE]

the XFL is a round sub. and for right around ~200. that would be the best bet. Nasty "budget" subs that can take some mean power

and Tantric SubWoofers

you can get with @mylows10; with pricing. The HD is over your budget

I'd encourage you to buy used. There were some TC-2000 12's fs on here recently for a good price. Those would sound terrific in your box and can hold 1000W continuous power no trouble.

You have quite a few options, more if you buy used. I'd suggest sticking with 3" coil if you need to run 1000W. Anything smaller becomes rather risky.

negative ghost rider. The one way linear xmax on the HDS312 is 14mm and 28mm p-p
the OA has 20mm one way and 2.45" (62mm) p-p
Wow facepalm, didnt notice OAs 20 wasnt p-p. Guess its just extra motor force moving more air, regardless i like the sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.