best 10" subs for the money?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The SSA Dcon squeaks under that budget, but need to know more info to determine if it is the right choice for your goals. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The SSA Dcon squeaks under that budget, but need to know more info to determine if it is the right choice for your goals. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
going in a 1973 ford mustang, listen to a mix of all music

a lil too open ended of a question... as you'll find with that question, you'll get a million different opinions..

going to take a fair guess that your looking more for a SQL driver then a SPL... how much power will you be giving them? how much space you got for the enclosure?

a lil too open ended of a question... as you'll find with that question, you'll get a million different opinions..
going to take a fair guess that your looking more for a SQL driver then a SPL... how much power will you be giving them? how much space you got for the enclosure?
well i wanted a wide variety of choices and i was going to pick, im thinking a combined 800 watt rms, going in a 1973 Ford mustang

i would def go the used route... you'll get much more sub for the money...

just a quck search popped up these

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/521769-sundown-sa-10s-4-a-2.html

might be a lil bit more power hungry then your looking for, but just shows you a deal you can find used...

i would have to say tho, if you can find them, a pair of ICON 10's would work very nicely for your set up... or even a single sub, like a single DD 9512? sky really is the limit when on this topic. are you set on 2 10's? and when i was talking dimensions... i meant how many cubic ft do you forsee yourelf using, and will it be ported? sealed?

i would def go the used route... you'll get much more sub for the money...
just a quck search popped up these

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/521769-sundown-sa-10s-4-a-2.html

might be a lil bit more power hungry then your looking for, but just shows you a deal you can find used...

i would have to say tho, if you can find them, a pair of ICON 10's would work very nicely for your set up... or even a single sub, like a single DD 9512? sky really is the limit when on this topic. are you set on 2 10's? and when i was talking dimensions... i meant how many cubic ft do you forsee yourelf using, and will it be ported? sealed?
yes im set on 10" subs, dont have a lot of space in the back of a 73' mustang, trunk opening is but 12.5 inches wide. i would like to go ported, and I would have to say 2 to 3 cubic ft

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.